5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air bubbles in paint

STAYBG

Reaction score
Anyone having air bubbles in there clear coat?? I have a 2017 copperhead ram and idk if I’m losing my mind but it just seems that air bubbles are popping up more and more... also should this be warrantied? It has 39k miles and I’ve have it 3 years.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
No air bubbles but dust specs.

truly poor quality control and paint. I know someone on the forum stated that it is an old paint facility.

not a excuse for a $50k+ truck.

Rollint

Reaction score
No air bubbles but dust specs.

truly poor quality control and paint. I know someone on the forum stated that it is an old paint facility.

not a excuse for a $50k+ truck.
I believe paint issues can be lemon lawed

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Paint is only covered for 3 years or 36K miles, whichever comes first.

Not to diminish the issue, since it shouldn't be excused regardless. But I haven't bought a new car in the last 20 years that didn't have some sort of paint imperfection, usually a small particle that got stuck during the paint process, which causes a small (usually round) imperfection you can see if you look closely on top of the clear. I can usually find 3-5 of these per vehicle.

Sometime they are just on the very surface of the clear and can easily be buffed out. I had what looked like a big paint drip on a door edge on one of my F150s that looked like it was under the paint, turns out it was just excessive clear and easily buffed out.

If your dealer is cool, maybe worth a try even though you mileaged out of the warranty already.

Users who are viewing this thread