5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air bags with 2" rear spacer

jeffp12

Reaction score
I installed a RC 3.5" lift kit on my '21 Bighorn 4WD. It comes with a 1" rear spacer, but I'm thinking about swapping that out for a 2" Motofab rear coil spacer. I also ordered Airlift 1000HD airbags to help with squat, as I do some occasional towing.

Anyone have a similar setup and can comment on whether the air bags help with squat and ride quality when towing?

Pertzbro

Reaction score
You might be better off looking at Timbrens or heavier coils. Airlift should work as normal as the coil spacing is the same with lift blocks. You also may need different shocks with a 2 inch block

Booch

Reaction score
2" might be pushing the limits of the airbags. The concern is them tearing at full suspension extension. I'd call them with your measurements, they often have a spacer to use with them that you might need.

I had Timbrens for about 2 months and hated them. When they hit, they hit hard. Airbags were great though.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my Airlift 1000HD (#60828HD) Kit for towing. I tow my 22' boat at about 30 PSI in the bags and it sits level, very little if any squat to it when I hook up and I hardly know the boat is back there. Truck rides well there also, If I put anything over 30PSI in them the ride comfort will suffer the higher I go. 50 PSI is max.
Truck & Boat.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread