5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket LED bulbs

Brewboy73

Reaction score
HI All
Has anyone replaced the factory LED's with aftermarket LED bulbs? I installed a Lasfit complete kit on my 2020 Silverado and it was amazing. My 22 Laramie has LED's, but they dont seem as bright as the Lasfits, especially the reverse tail lights. Is it worth the money to invest and if so, any other brands I should look at that you've had success with?

wills446

Reaction score
I also have a 22 Laramie. I haven't replaced any of the LED's that came with the truck but I did replace the truck bed lights and 3rd brake light with LED's and that was a big improvement. I also used Lasfit LED's for those

Brewboy73

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just picked up the backup lights. I'll try them first and see how it goes. I've been looking everywhere to see if there are any halogen lights installed in the Laramie trim and cant find any docs that state whether or not. Do you know of any halogens on your model? I have a G/T package and am not sure if that made any changes to bulbs as well.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The GT package shouldn't change anything as far as bulbs go. I also have the Lasfit's in my cargo and 3rd brake light without any issues.

K9_Bullet

Reaction score
I tried the Lasfit LEDs and it caused issues with the key remote/passive entry. Sometimes there is an issue sometimes not. I took them out and went back to originals and no issues. I guess that is a known problem - I think there are threads on this somewhere in here. This was over a year ago on my 2020 RAM 1500 so I don't know if they fixed the issue?.

Brewboy73

Reaction score
I tried the Lasfit LEDs and it caused issues with the key remote/passive entry. Sometimes there is an issue sometimes not. I took them out and went back to originals and no issues. I guess that is a known problem - I think there are threads on this somewhere in here. This was over a year ago on my 2020 RAM 1500 so I don't know if they fixed the issue?.
Thanks for that info. I plan to install the backup lights today and i'll be ready for that issue if it arises.

90Addict

Reaction score
I also have a 22 Laramie. I haven't replaced any of the LED's that came with the truck but I did replace the truck bed lights and 3rd brake light with LED's and that was a big improvement. I also used Lasfit LED's for those
Happen to know what bulb size the bed lights are?

Users who are viewing this thread