5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket exhaust when towing a camper regrets?

Burnzie

Reaction score
Looking for your honest opinion on towing a camper or enclosed trailer ONLY, (flatbed trailers don't count) with other than factory exhaust . Does it bounce off the trailer and become annoyingly loud, like I've been told it will? Not looking to turn this into another my exhaust is better than your exhaust bitchfest, but.....

Thanks

Burnzie.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an MBRP cut and clamp muffler. It's got great sound at higher RPM but no drone.

I have no issues with my travel trailer. It doesn't reverberate at all and it's no louder than without the trailer.

19RebelZ

Reaction score
I ran the Atak on my 2019, she definitely sounded good while under load pulling my camper. All my trips we took were around 3 hours each way, could it get a little over bearing if your constantly in the gas. Would do it all over again, when not towing made up for any annoyances while towing.

Burnzie

Reaction score
Thanks guy's, now I have to convince the wife, any help there would be appreciated.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for your honest opinion on towing a camper or enclosed trailer ONLY, (flatbed trailers don't count) with other than factory exhaust . Does it bounce off the trailer and become annoyingly loud, like I've been told it will? Not looking to turn this into another my exhaust is better than your exhaust bitchfest, but.....

Thanks

Burnzie.
Which exhaust are you looking to get?

DOFF

Reaction score
I have a B2 Fab “moderate” exhaust. We’re towing our TT to Yosemite Monday and can write back how it did. As far as towing the trailer around town, you can definitely hear the rumble but there’s no obnoxious drone like my old magnaflow.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Not sure, probably Borla Atack
If you are wondering how it bounces off a trailer the ATAK doesn’t sound like the exhaust for you. Lol. S-Type is pretty loud, but I do not notice a change with my 6x10 enclosed.

DOFF

Reaction score
With the B2 fab moderate muffler and pulling our 5500lb TT 311 miles to just outside Yosemite, the sound levels were barely noticeable. Could hear the exhaust for a little section where the RPMS dropped down to 1600 but only for a couple minutes.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Interesting how they advertise no drone. Borla site has a video with all 3 versions. Touring, S-type and Atack. I am going to follow along. Main reason i haven't done exhaust is because of not wanting it to be to annoying on 4+ hour trips with the travel trailer. Heck even the touring is a nice step up from the stock.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I have some sound clips of towing with the atak. I will say it sounds so good under a little bit of load. Not sure how I can get them over to you if your interested
Not sure either, I'm kinda computer illiterate.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Pulled the little V nose enclosed (7x14) a few weekends ago; I have an MBRP cut and clamp...it was quiet and I was suprised.. I still have the rear resonators. But I think when I can; i'm ordering the deletes and they are going to go.

badpewterz

Reaction score
sounding good and tolerating constant sound while towing with family in the truck are 2 TOTALLY different things
i had b2fab on my 2018 and was amazing UNTIL pulling the camper. it wasnt bad like a resonation BUT with the family in the truck and the constant under load sound it wasnt a relaxing drive
this is why my 2020 stayed stock
what i would like to do is a cutout to bypass the muffler when not towing and then close it and utilize the stock muffler while towing but want it all coming out the tail pipes not just slap a cutout in
best of both worlds

NRitland2

Reaction score
C&C mangaflow. No issues at all with keystone bullet hooked up. No enhancement of sound or drone

Users who are viewing this thread