5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket exhaust question...

Boyvan

Reaction score
Hello all:

I’m considering upgrading my truck’s exhaust system. As a first-time truck owner with a Hemi engine, I want to experience the sound without constantly revving it.

However, I don’t want it to be too loud and disturb my neighbors. Ideally, I’d like a pleasant rumble that remains quiet inside the cabin when the windows are up but loud enough to say it’s Hemi power without being obnoxious.

I’ve watched various YouTube videos showcasing different exhaust sounds, but I’m still uncertain which one to choose. I’ve explored options like muffler and resonator deletes, as well as aftermarket exhaust systems, but the costs add up. I’m hesitant to spend a significant amount only to find it’s too loud.

Any advice or ideas from fellow Ram enthusiasts would be appreciated! 😊

Thank you

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello all:

I’m considering upgrading my truck’s exhaust system. As a first-time truck owner with a Hemi engine, I want to experience the sound without constantly revving it.

However, I don’t want it to be too loud and disturb my neighbors. Ideally, I’d like a pleasant rumble that remains quiet inside the cabin when the windows are up but loud enough to say it’s Hemi power without being obnoxious.

I’ve watched various YouTube videos showcasing different exhaust sounds, but I’m still uncertain which one to choose. I’ve explored options like muffler and resonator deletes, as well as aftermarket exhaust systems, but the costs add up. I’m hesitant to spend a significant amount only to find it’s too loud.

Any advice or ideas from fellow Ram enthusiasts would be appreciated!

Thank you
I have a Carven cat back and it's nice. No drone, but loud enough.

Plenty of posts on here, you should be able to find a ton through search.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My favorite is usually Magnaflow, nice deep and mellow. I grabbed a new in box Carven catback for a great price and sounds great, but louder than Magnaflow, unless going smallest muffler they have.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the muffler delete, but kept the resonators intact. For me, it’s the perfect mellow rumble on cold starts, not over bearing, but when you stomp on the skinny pedal, it really comes alive. Cruising is not an issue either as I don’t notice any hum or drone. ~$120 out the door at a local muffler shop. The shop owner suggested I go this route as he is a Mopar guy. And worst case, if I didn’t like it, I can always have a muffler (whatever brand) welded in. I haven’t been disappointed in the 9ish months I’ve been running it. Highly suggested.

MickeyRam

Reaction score
I would do muffler delete and resonator delete. A nice moderate sound and no drone. Cost me $600 plus $150 for installation.

A full cat back is nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread