5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket BSM systems from Brandmotion

Timberwolf

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Brandmotion BSM systems? They look to be pretty comprehensive yet not difficult to install.

https://brandmotion.com/product/radar-blind-spot-system-with-cross-traffic-detection-rdbs-1500/

I have a couple of questions I hope someone out there can answer:
1. Were you able to install the sensors in the tail lights as the OEM sensors are?
2. Where did you connect the brown wire? It appears this wire only controls the intensity of the interior LEDS. If that is the case it should be easier to connect that to the tail lights as opposed to the headlights.

I should mention I have a 2021 1500 Laramie and got caught up in the chip shortage issue. Thanks for any assistance.

Bill

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t want to buy the 2 factory tail light sensors on eBay? Bunch of us did that, myself included. Jimmy can make you some nice missing wire harnesses.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is certainly extremely well documented- gotta applaud them for that.

Timberwolf

Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the reply. That is still an option under consideration. My only reservation is the potential exposure of voiding my warranty. The Brandmotion option would be an easier removal and doesn't get into splicing into harnesses and programing the function.

Bill

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mike, thanks for the reply. That is still an option under consideration. My only reservation is the potential exposure of voiding my warranty. The Brandmotion option would be an easier removal and doesn't get into splicing into harnesses and programing the function.

Bill
I hear ya..for what its worth, it becomes basically a plug and play installation, right down to the connector pins and rubber waterproof seals in the connector. its pretty neat. the biggest hack, and this was just me, is I cut my tail light back covers with a Dremel to fit the sensors and additional wiring into the housing.

either way, good luck with your project and post up some results for us to see.

Users who are viewing this thread