5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket amp and subs connection

Claytoncz

Reaction score
Ok I'm having a lot of trouble. Here's the rundown of the setup in my 2019 ram with 8.4 screen and no upgraded factory speakers. Local stereo shop sold me the RF 2ohm dual voice coil subs and mono block 500 watt amp..also the PAC LP7-2 converter which...I suspect may be wrong. I installed everything and spliced into the rear left speaker..also disconnected the 4 ANC speakers wires under the driver's side seat at the factory amp as suggested. Everything powers up but even when turned up...you can barely tell the subs are beating at all. Turn the bass knob to full blast and you see the subs thump once and then nothing. Can I make this setup work or was I sold the wrong LOC and need to start over? Also my LOC is connected at the amp under the back seat as I was instructed was the easiest way to run it incase that matters

Alptbird

Reaction score
Ok I'm having a lot of trouble. Here's the rundown of the setup in my 2019 ram with 8.4 screen and no upgraded factory speakers. Local stereo shop sold me the RF 2ohm dual voice coil subs and mono block 500 watt amp..also the PAC LP7-2 converter which...I suspect may be wrong. I installed everything and spliced into the rear left speaker..also disconnected the 4 ANC speakers wires under the driver's side seat at the factory amp as suggested. Everything powers up but even when turned up...you can barely tell the subs are beating at all. Turn the bass knob to full blast and you see the subs thump once and then nothing. Can I make this setup work or was I sold the wrong LOC and need to start over? Also my LOC is connected at the amp under the back seat as I was instructed was the easiest way to run it incase that matters
Dual voice coil? How do you have it wired? If a DVC is wired wrong the voice coils are pushing and pulling at the same time. And that will act like an atttenuation button for the speaker itself. Swap one voice coil polarity and re try.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no issues with the PAC AP4-CH41 I used for testing. That PAC LP7-2 I've never tested.

• Do take note what @Alptbird said regarding your subwoofer wiring. Maybe just use 1 coil for initial testing as well.
  • Did you run the main power wire to the battery/fuse box?
  • Did you use a large wire for ground and make sure it is touching bare metal? (out trucks have issues with painted surfaces for a few grounds from the factory as it is).
  • Did you perform the level adjustments according to the backside of the instructions?
  • Did you turn the gain down on the amp itself? I used a y-cable to my cell headphone jack for initial testing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread