5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket amp and battery cable connection.

Fartknocker

Reaction score
So im adding an aftermarket amp to the base 6 speaker system on a big horn. For the main power cable, do i have to hook it up directly to the positive battery terminal like i would have in any older car? Or can i use a 90 degree terminal and hook it up into the inside main fuse panel under the hood into one of the empty slots like say the ones labeled n2 or n3 or n6 or will that mess with some other system? It would make for a much cleaner connection if possible.

odhinnhrafn

Reaction score
When I wired a constant hot on my wife's KIA (camper trailer hookup wiring), I ran it to an empty lug on the main 24VDC bar in her fuse box. I fused it inline, and never had any issues. Much cleaner, and out of sight. I would try to do something like that. I haven't looked inside our fuses boxes, yet, so I can't give a better opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread