5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Amp and 12” sub install in a HK LIMITED!

Conch007

Reaction score
But don’t you have the alpine or hk system? That’s not a stock 6 speaker setup.
Sorry I am just getting back to you I haven’t been receiving alerts. The Truck came with stock 6 speaker set up. It was clipping and sounding like ****. I purchased the factory sub from parts. And ram good willed me the speaker by reimbursing me my out of pocket cost for the speaker. The Selling dealer sent me to roberts audio in Louisville to install the factory sub. They upgraded the factory speakers to the ones I listed and installed what they needed to to make it functional I listed the parts In the thread earlier. It really improved the sound quality without loading space to store things in my quad cab. Ram customer care is awsome. They really do want you to enjoy your ownership experience. In my opinion they are the best manufacturer around.

Conch007

Reaction score
Yes there are riv nuts on the back wall from the factory roberts audio made a plywood mount, carpeted it, and screwed straps to the back side of the wood then screwed the straps to the riv nuts after they had mounted the amps and sound processor. Very professional look it’s hard to see that they are not apart of the truck from the manufacturer. They blend seamlessly as you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread