5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket ambient lighting

Dave L

Reaction score
I got a 2019 Bighorn and looking to add some LED lighting under dash up front and under front seats in the rear. My question is have some ambient lighting in the console with a dimmer switch. Would it be possible to tie into this so I can control the brightness of the lights with switch on dash. The lights just basically plugs into a cigarette lighter with a built in switch and uses a remote control and/or smartphone to operate colors and different sequences. Thanks

Brian2021

Reaction score
I did something similar to my F150. I purchased LED lights with a remote from Amazon. Each strip was 2ft and tied in four strips into one connection. they went underneath the seats and under the front dash. Turned out decent for a low cost project.

Code2medic

Reaction score
Everything is possible if you know what you’re doing. Connecting lights to s switch is a matter of know where to tap into and how much voltage etc is going to be on the circuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/