5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket alarm

Tomcat1981

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an aftermarket alarm on their truck? I have the Laramie and I want to add an alarm to work with my factory key FOB.

Scottstudman

Reaction score
Yes, an alarm can be added by a profession shop that uses compustar products. They have the ability to use the factory key fob to control the alarm system. You will also have the option of adding remote start if you aren’t already equipped.

Tomcat1981

Reaction score
Yes, an alarm can be added by a profession shop that uses compustar products. They have the ability to use the factory key fob to control the alarm system. You will also have the option of adding remote start if you aren’t already equipped.
Yea I seen a shop in Miami added a shock sensor to it. I just want something that will sound the horns if opened. Wife door unlocked and some punks helped themselves to the inside.

Is there a way you can set truck up to sound horns when opened without the key fob next to it?

Scottstudman

Reaction score
Your best bet is to have a Car Audio Shop install a aftermarket alarm system. I just finished the alarm in my truck today. It’s a compustar Cm-7000 with drone mobile. The factory key fob controls the entire system and the drone gives me access from my phone

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your best bet is to have a Car Audio Shop install a aftermarket alarm system. I just finished the alarm in my truck today. It’s a compustar Cm-7000 with drone mobile. The factory key fob controls the entire system and the drone gives me access from my phone
Does this alarm keep the ability to unlock your truck by just pulling the handle with the key still in your pocket?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Best Buy's Geek Squad installs Compustar and Viper they usually have a very good sale on this stuff. They go through training and know what is designed for your vehicle. I did my homework for another vehicle of mine.
I bet next month Jan 2020 will have big sales. People are usually broke after Christmas and they need to drum up sales.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Best Buy's Geek Squad installs Compustar and Viper they usually have a very good sale on this stuff. They go through training and know what is designed for your vehicle. I did my homework for another vehicle of mine.
I bet next month Jan 2020 will have big sales. People are usually broke after Christmas and they need to drum up sales.
I’m going to check with them and see if any alarm allows you to arm and disarm the aftermarket alarm by using the factory handle still.

Users who are viewing this thread