5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 18 inch Rebel Wheels Victim

Carroljb

Reaction score
Well I thought I did my research enough to avoid wasting time but I fell victim.

I was super excited to get the green light from the boss for new wheels and tires after dropping a grip buying the truck. I read the forums and knew the brake calipers might interfere but Discount Tire assured me they would fit. After a week of shipping, Helo 904 18x9 0 offset, 275/70/18 Cooper AT3, did not fit.

Discount Tire tried to scramble and convince me into 20 inch set up but wasn’t keen on that. Super bummed and a little bit frustrated.

Good luck to anyone else who is trying for 18 inch wheels, wheel roulette.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I thought I did my research enough to avoid wasting time but I fell victim.

I was super excited to get the green light from the boss for new wheels and tires after dropping a grip buying the truck. I read the forums and knew the brake calipers might interfere but Discount Tire assured me they would fit. After a week of shipping, Helo 904 18x9 0 offset, 275/70/18 Cooper AT3, did not fit.

Discount Tire tried to scramble and convince me into 20 inch set up but wasn’t keen on that. Super bummed and a little bit frustrated.

Fuel Hardline 18"x9" +1 offset fit perfect on my Rebel with OEM Goodyear Duratrac 33". There is a website www.customoffset.com has a large gallery of specific wheel and tires on year/brand of truck you type in and shows successful combos by real world truck owners with description and pics. My red/black Rebel is there.There are comments If tires rub, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2629.JPG
    IMG_2629.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3292.JPG
    IMG_3292.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

blownout1500

Reaction score

I ordered a single wheel to diy test fit first. Worst case you’re out $250 and have yourself a new side table :)

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The perimeter bolts really make it pop and looks larger than an 18". Nice look!!! 18"x9" +1mm offset is what my Fuel wheels are also. Lines up perfect with factory installed running board and tread lines up with flares. A small amount of sidewall beyond flares but minimal mud slinging onto paint.

Attachments

• IMG_3294.JPG
    IMG_3294.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread