5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEV RAM SNORKEL SYSTEM for 5th Gen 2019 Ram 1500

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
Sorry to necro this thread. But I've reached out to AEV and they have confirmed that none of their last generation stuff works with the 5th gen rams. But he said that expect an announcement on new products later this year for 5th gens. Which I am excited for.

tdager

Reaction score
Given how electronically driven so much of the new-gen RAM is, I shudder and intentionally putting the undercarriage completely underwater.

The electrical gremlins after such a bath are mind boggling if anything is not 100% water tight.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
What would be the purpose of this? Is anybody really going to take their truck into water so deep you would need such a thing? I can’t imagine subjecting my new Longhorn to that. I don’t think it looks good either but to each their own

cwford

Reaction score
Snorkels are generally used to keep the intake up out of the dust than to keep water from getting in... IMO

viathanmk112

Reaction score
I live in AZ and we have a lot of dust and dirt, especially when going off road. This is more for keeping the air intake clean with a pre filter, not for going under a large amount of water.

Kiwisteve

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them about Gen 5 1500 parts and was told “they’re getting out of that segment” so don’t expect any new parts from AEV for the Gen 5 1500s...just what I was told anyways

rpmiller02

Reaction score
What would be the purpose of this? Is anybody really going to take their truck into water so deep you would need such a thing? I can’t imagine subjecting my new Longhorn to that. I don’t think it looks good either but to each their own
There is this one hole where lots of water flows up and over the hood b4 the truck levels out. The air intake is still under water even after it levels out... So, knock on wood that my truck has not flooded out with the intake still being in the grill. I'd like to keep her running for several thousand miles b4 replacing crap. So, a snorkel would be proactive.

Attachments

• 20210712_122815.jpg
    20210712_122815.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/