5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on wheel setup

Chuck19

Reaction score
So first off I want to start out by saying i am a new Ram owner and am loving this truck so far. The ride is incredible and i dont want to mess it up with a level or a lift. I have done this with every vehicle just because i prefer the lifted look but it always kills the ride and i guess I’m getting to old and want a more enjoyable driving experience. Also i am not new to modding vehicles but this will be the first one that i dont lift.

After searching through the forum and landing on the Lowered the rear end 2” last night thread i have decided to do that mod and stick to stock height. Since i have never done the “stock” life i need opinions on wheel and tire setup. I am partial to an 18” wheel with for example a 9” wide wheel and going with a 12.5” wide tire so i get some side bulge to protect the rim from any off-roading action. However this will be pretty much a pure street vehicle so I am thinking of going with an 18” or 20” diameter wheel with 10” wide to stretch the tire a little and give a less bulgy look because i am not sure how that will look on a stock setup. Looks great on lifted but i like the lower profile tire i think on a stock height. I dont want to go bigger than a 20” wheel and would prefer an 18” but definitely dont want a 22” wheel just because i have bent several and dont want to go down that road again. As far as tires go i wonder if the stock 275/65 tires stretched on a 10” rim would look good? So any thoughts on wheel width or tire size recommendation? Also if anyone has a similar setup to what i am describing please post up a pic of your rig with some specs. Setup will be going on a 2019 1500 Quad Cab 4x4. Thanks

Last edited:

sims1dh

Reaction score
30c612d607f8a75c5a81c167db462b3b.jpg

Here is my setup. All stock 22x12 33 tire no rubbing, did the mod to the plastic in the wheel well only took 30 min. I know you want to go with smaller wheel but a 33x22 tire fits this truck with no mods it has a very forgiving wheel well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck19

Reaction score
Love the color of the truck and a very nice wheel combo! Definitely got some poke going on!!!. What is the offset of your wheels and how much past the fender are they?

Users who are viewing this thread