5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on tire selection for 2020 Longhorn stock

Funnythewayitis41

Reaction score
2020 Longhorn 285/45R22

Right now looking to just keep stock size, coming from the factory Goodyear Eagles which are garbage and reading 4/32 after 18k miles.

I do mostly highway, little city, but have decent winters and live more rural.

The logical part says just get the Michelin Defenders, but they’re not exciting and I’ve always disliked the original tires for having no aggressive look.

Can you talk me out or in to a tire? Right now I’ve pulled the defenders, Toyo open country, falken wild peak and ridge grappler as ones of interest.

Thanks!

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not heard great things about the Ridge Graps in snow.
Otherwise, my starting-to-become-canned recomenations for this kind of tire requirement...

I've had tremendous success with Bridgestone Dueller Revo3 (which I am running now and are extremely light weight) and many sets of Yokohama Geolander AT/S and GO018 I believe. Of course the Michelin Defender M&S tires are the benchmark for highway ride and great in snow, I've had a couple of those, but they are not a very exciting tire to look at.

Bryanstate

Reaction score
I just had Continental TerrainContact A/Ts put on yesterday. Can’t give much firsthand commentary, but they’re supposed to be pretty good for everything than maybe mud or heavy snow. Definitely more aggressive looking than the Goodyears.

Attachments

• IMG_5082.jpeg
    IMG_5082.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 55

Hockdaddy

Reaction score
I just had Continental TerrainContact A/Ts put on yesterday. Can’t give much firsthand commentary, but they’re supposed to be pretty good for everything than maybe mud or heavy snow. Definitely more aggressive looking than the Goodyears.
Are you liking your Continental TerrainContact A/Ts?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you are driving streets don't get the Ridge Grapplers. These are off road tires. They are the next best thing to mud terrains. They are not good on wet pavement or snow. Don't buy stuff cuz it looks cool. Buy stuff that works for your situation

Users who are viewing this thread