5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on red flags / specifics to look for after for 3.5" SST readylift install

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all. So after some much taken time to finalize my decision to go with the 3.5 readylift kit I am now at the next crossroad of finding the right mechanic to trust proper installation. After reviewing the step-by-step video for installing the kit it I was amazed by how many steps there are in the process. That being said I am very weary on who to get the job done by. Dealership vs independent mechanic... Can Anybody offer any suggestions on to what to look for when picking up the truck after alignment. How will be able to trust the installation was performed properly, ect....?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello, how far are you willing to travel for the install ? I have a shop that will do a great job but am unsure if you are willing to travel.

KRField

Reaction score
Hi all. So after some much taken time to finalize my decision to go with the 3.5 readylift kit I am now at the next crossroad of finding the right mechanic to trust proper installation. After reviewing the step-by-step video for installing the kit it I was amazed by how many steps there are in the process. That being said I am very weary on who to get the job done by. Dealership vs independent mechanic... Can Anybody offer any suggestions on to what to look for when picking up the truck after alignment. How will be able to trust the installation was performed properly, ect....?

Well I don’t know about your dealer, mine quote $1795 for the SST kit, install, and alignment. A very good Indy shop quoted $895 for the RC kit, install, and alignment.

I am able to do the install, I just don’t feel like fooling with it. Plus time is money, and with air tools and no lift would take me a good Saturday to do. Also I’m always leery using the widow maker spring compressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tac747

Reaction score
Well I don’t know about your dealer, mine quote $1795 for the SST kit, install, and alignment. A very good Indy shop quoted $895 for the RC kit, install, and alignment.

I am able to do the install, I just don’t feel like fooling with it. Plus time is money, and with air tools and no lift would take me a good Saturday to do. Also I’m always leery using the widow maker spring compressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$750 for the install. Thats not a bad price. $150 an hour is below the dealer shop average in Sacramento.
I would probably go with having the dealer do it if I got a total cost of $1795 if I had to do it again.
895 lift
125-150 alignment
that leaves 650 for the install labor.
Actually less than what I paid if I include the alignment and it would be covered by mopar's warranty if they did it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/