5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Safety Group completely gone from Longhorn?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Is the ASG completely gone from the Longhorn, or have features of it been added to the Level 1 package like the Tech Group?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the longhorn, but the ASG features are still part of the Limited Level 1 package. Before the recent changes to packages, the Limited trim had both ASG and the Level 1 package. The only difference was that the Level 1 package added rear ventilated seats and an upgraded sound system. For new Limited orders, you have to select the Level 1 package if you want the ASG features.

ASG is an option in Longhorn not included in Level 1
ASG is an option on Limiteds and included in Level 1, always been that way IIRC. this is one of the reasons the Limited is a better buy. By the time you option a LH up to a LTD, it'll be 3K more

I had to buy a limited vs a Laramie just to get ASG. Crazy that it is even more restricted now.

also ironic that safety features are the ones that are restricted

ASG is an option in Longhorn not included in Level 1
ASG is an option on Limiteds and included in Level 1, always been that way IIRC. this is one of the reasons the Limited is a better buy. By the time you option a LH up to a LTD, it'll be 3K more
Right. I have a '19 Longhorn with Level 1 and both ASG and Tech.

For '22 Longhorn orders, the contents of the Tech package have been moved to the Level 1 package due to the chip shortage. I've asked 3 different dealerships about the ASG contents, as the package is no longer orderable, and have gotten three different answers. One was adamant that ASG functionality is no longer offered anywhere in the lineup, Limited L1 included, another said it's in the Longhorn L1 package, and the third said they had no clue about the contents of either Tech or ASG. 🤷

I was hoping someone here would have the definitive scoop, but it looks like no one knows at this point, which is a bummer.

I don't really have any interest in moving up to a Limited, since the saddle/black interior of the Longhorn makes the truck in my opinion.

I had to buy a limited vs a Laramie just to get ASG. Crazy that it is even more restricted now.

also ironic that safety features are the ones that are restricted
I think part of it has to do with the advanced camera required for Adaptive cruise. We have a system in our combines we sell that uses two expensive cameras to actually self adjust the settings in the combine based on the grain sample. Because of the chip shortage they can't get them and they've been removed despite being one of our major selling points and customers were really liking the feature. They're being built "camera ready" to be retrofitted later once available. As for my truck Adaptive cruise is NOT an "option" ...... I won't ever buy a vehicle without it again! I think RAM is doing some "bundling" based on sales history of features...simplify ordering and lineup.

I guess no one knows if ASG exists at all anymore? 🤔

Closing the loop on this for anyone following along--Mark Dodge confirmed today that ASG is not available for Longhorn and the features have not been moved to a different package as happened with the Tech Package.

As a result, apparently the only models that have the ASG features are now the Big Horn and Limited... 🤔

That's too bad. I'm biased, but I think the Longhorn is the best Ram trim available. The first time I saw one the 2011 Ram 1500 at an auto show. Then, especially, it was a bit over the top with its cowboy trim, but I told myself, one day, I'd have one.

The one day ended up being June this year, and I love it. The cowboy theme has been toned down, but it's still there with the branded wood trim, but belt-buckets on pockets on the back of the front seats, and the Longhorn badges.

As for ASG, now that I've got them, I couldn't live without adaptive cruise control and surround view camera.

It's a shame these features won't be available, at least for a while, on the Longhorn trim.

That's too bad. I'm biased, but I think the Longhorn is the best Ram trim available. The first time I saw one the 2011 Ram 1500 at an auto show. Then, especially, it was a bit over the top with its cowboy trim, but I told myself, one day, I'd have one.

The one day ended up being June this year, and I love it. The cowboy theme has been toned down, but it's still there with the branded wood trim, but belt-buckets on pockets on the back of the front seats, and the Longhorn badges.

As for ASG, now that I've got them, I couldn't live without adaptive cruise control and surround view camera.

It's a shame these features won't be available, at least for a while, on the Longhorn trim.
I oredered mine on 7/31 with asg and it got approved, so hope it comes in with it!

Closing the loop on this for anyone following along--Mark Dodge confirmed today that ASG is not available for Longhorn and the features have not been moved to a different package as happened with the Tech Package.

As a result, apparently the only models that have the ASG features are now the Big Horn and Limited... 🤔
There's got to be a package that has essentially ASG, Technology Package, vented seats and the 19 speaker sound system (essentially the new Limited Level 1 on the Limited Trim).

A-la "Limited Longhorn".

There's got to be a package that has essentially ASG, Technology Package, vented seats and the 19 speaker sound system (essentially the new Limited Level 1 on the Limited Trim).

A-la "Limited Longhorn".
Longhorn Level 1 now has everything but ASG. I asked MD to confirm that Longhorn L1 does not have the ASG contents and they confirmed that, unlike Limited L1, Longhorn L1 does not have ASG contents.

For who knows what reason, the brains at Ram have decided that only the Big Horn and Limited trims can have those features, I guess.

So what's in the package? Technology Package + Vented Seats and Upgraded Sound System? That just seems so odd. Very very odd.

So what's in the package? Technology Package + Vented Seats and Upgraded Sound System? That just seems so odd. Very very odd.
Hopefully you're not too mesmerized by the fancy HUD to find out that your truck, unlike every new Toyota Corolla, will not be able to stop you in an emergency if the HUD proves distracting. I feel like stellantis must have an add out looking for their resident d**khead that can clearly illustrate how bad that looks to consumers of a seventy thousand dollar truck.

I'm not sure if I want to grit my teeth and order a Limited (really, really prefer the interior of a LH over a Limited, hence my current LH), or start exploring the competition.

ACC is a must-have for me and I'm really not happy that Stellantis has made it currently orderable in only two trims, neither of which I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back