5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding factory options

Dan Houle

Reaction score
Curious if it is possible to add factory options? Bought a 2022 Rebel out of necessity in Dec 2021, but it lacked a few factory options I would like. Would like to add parking sensors, auto door unlock, & maybe a few others. I can call the dealer, just curious if anyone here has done it?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need the parts and AlfaOBD. There’s a few threads about most things you might want to add.

Dan Houle

Reaction score
I went to my local dealer & the service center said to check with the parts department. If they could get the parts, they could put them on. The parts center said it they cannot get the parts, so no doable.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're comfortable working on your own ride, I'd recommend compiling the parts lists from the dedicated threads within this forum. Source the parts on your own (a lot of us use BAM Wholesale, but there are plenty of vendors out there to choose from), and install everything yourself.

The dealer likely will not be able to add the sales codes for several of the options that you're looking to add, but as mentioned above, you can make the configuration changes on your own with the use of AlfaOBD. It may seem overwhelming at first, but with some reading and patience you'll see it really isn't that difficult to do.

Best of luck!

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And when you order parts off of any parts sites, don't use your VIN.
If you do, you'll end up with the same part that you already have on your truck.
Unless, of course, you want an exact replacement.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess, they just said it wasn’t doable.

For a dealer, it is not.*

For the DIY'er, most of them are very doable.

* There's a few that have come and gone, that do/did have dealer install options. My reference comes from both HD and (limited) knowledge on 1500.

Bed lighting
Power steps (think that was 1500 only)
Remote start (hood latch kit)
Possibly more I can't think of right now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess, they just said it wasn’t doable.
The parts department can order the parts, they just can't use your VIN to look them up to order. And may not want to put the leg work in to figure it out. There are many stickied threads on this forum discussing pretty much all the options you want to add, that include part numbers and instructions for how to get the option added. Take a look around.

Papabear_08

Reaction score
FWIW, you can also use for most additions. It’s an iPhone app. AlfaOBD is android based. You will also need a security gateway bypass cable.

Users who are viewing this thread