5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Factory Aux switches?

Mr_Br1an

Reaction score
I'm looking to add factory aux switches to my 2021 1500, I found this part number 82216450AB, but the switch panel it comes with does not have the correct switches, and I cant for the life of me find a kit with the correct buttons, does anyone have the part number for the aux switch panel with has tow/haul button, traction control, AND front and rear parking sensors? I know it exists because I found this during my search, but that did not have a part number on it. I would be very appreciative if anyone can point me in the right direction, because as long I can can find that panel, it does not matter what kit I buy even though I will have an extra panel I cant use, I don't care at this point.

Thanks!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap man, after weeks of searching, here it is! Cant thank you enough.
That's not the same. It's for a 2500. They have a different dash and wiring harness. Even the part number in your first post is for the HD trucks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you reviewed this (long) thread?

skyhawk42

Reaction score
That's not the same. It's for a 2500. They have a different dash and wiring harness. Even the part number in your first post is for the HD trucks.
So I copied that from something I found here. Obviously you know better, what is the correct part number he should be looking for?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I copied that from something I found here. Obviously you know better, what is the correct part number he should be looking for?
AFAIK, there isn't an available aux switch panel for the 1500s

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

OP here is another thread with the same question in regards to adding OE aux switches. i have not personally seen it done on this forum.

it seems to be a hard install due to the BCM and pin outs. i would say go after market like a trigger or switch pros or dare i say AUXBEAM lol im using a blazer controller and has been going strong for 2 years now no complaints at ALL! (running 32" single row led bar, A pillar pods and a light under the hood.)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

For the Upfitter switch bank, it doesn't matter if it's a HD part as long as the top row buttons are correct. All the info is in the thread I linked.

68476024AB or 68376640AE is the TH, Traction, Park, Park, switch panel (gloss)

ALL the part numbers for ALL the switch combos in glossy and matte finish are in one of @Jimmy07 's posts on HDRAMS.COM

An Aux PDC and wiring has to be added regardless and unless one was lucky enough to get ahold of the factory upfitter kit, that's going to be aftermarket or built using OEM parts in the very last thread I linked below.

OP here is another thread with the same question in regards to adding OE aux switches. i have not personally seen it done on this forum.

it seems to be a hard install due to the BCM and pin outs. i would say go after market like a trigger or switch pros or dare i say AUXBEAM lol im using a blazer controller and has been going strong for 2 years now no complaints at ALL! (running 32" single row led bar, A pillar pods and a light under the hood.)

It's been done. 2021+ DT BCM will support it. Again, the info is in the thread I linked earlier. Start reading about half way through.

Aftermarket is always an option, some folks just prefer a factory look and are willing to put in the effort.

There's a great writeup on HDRAMS that details everything needed. I'm to understand this only works on 2021+ DT and (all) 19+ HD trucks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
19-21 AUX switches are glossy, 22+ buttons are matte finish

Gas trucks, top row of switches called out, bottom row is 6 aux switches:
Tow/haul, traction control:
19-21: 68476018AB
22+: 68578987AA
Tow/haul, traction control, rear park assist:
19-21: 68476044AB
22+: 68579000AA
Tow/haul, traction control, front and rear park assist:
19-21: 68476024AB
22+: 68578990AA

Air suspension, tow/haul, traction control, front and rear park assist:
19-21: 68476025AB
22+: 68578991AA

1719300832431.png

1719300989732.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This kit is for the 1500's and looks to have the correct switches the OP is looking for. Should have all PDC included as well. Being abel to order one is a bit of a different story as, if memory serves, they are consistently out of stock although thay may be behind us now. . Genuine Mopar Auxiliary Upfitter Switch Kit - 82216449AB | Mopar Genuine Parts

If the image is correct, that panel has hill descent and I believe someone already stated it doesn't just work as TH by position alone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the image is correct, that panel has hill descent and I believe someone already stated it doesn't just work as TH by position alone.
Not sure why a 1500 switch panel would have hill decent switch on it, since that button is below the shift knob on trucks equipped with hill decent. I think the button you are looking at is the AS/S disable button for etorque trucks

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why a 1500 switch panel would have hill decent switch on it, since that button is below the shift knob on trucks equipped with hill decent. I think the button you are looking at is the AS/S disable button for etorque trucks
Could be. Regardless, it's not the panel the OP is looking for.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The disable button for AS/S is under the shift knob and 4WD buttons.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The disable button for AS/S is under the shift knob and 4WD buttons.
I don't have it on one so didn't know. Can you tell what that button is for in the picture? Looks like it has an arrow pointing to a gauge, which is why I thought it was starti/stop

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have it on one so didn't know. Can you tell what that button is for in the picture? Looks like it has an arrow pointing to a gauge, which is why I thought it was starti/stop
That's what the button looks like. I've never seen the other one.
8a583d45775eaa15a84e7c599e7c70d6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread