5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added Bluetooth AUX switches, relays, and running lights

Livinfast85

Reaction score
UPDATE: DO NOT buy the small amber lights that you see below. They are absolute garbage and almost all the lenses fell off within 3 months causing the LEDs to fail.

A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to add somemore running lights (which I still have some to add to the rear). While kicking around ideas, I decided that I wanted to redo my wiring to a more professional situation. I wanted to run my running lights off of a keyed power source but didnt want to run wires through the fire wall. The best solution I came up with was to run a new relay box so i had multiple options to safely run power from different sources without damaging any possible sensitive items.
20200202_101448.jpg

I used the 12v power to the "halos" on the headlight harness to feed the trigger for the relay. The correct wire if you are interested in this is the pink with orange stripe shown below.
20200202_084650.jpg

I also added a Raxiom Bluetooth control module to run my light bar and the ambers on my fog lights. The fog lights are dual color, so for the white lights, I taped into the foglight harness to run those. For finishing touches, all the wiring was wrapped in felt wiring harness tape.
20200201_180002.jpg

20200201_180006.jpg
20200202_095824.jpg

20200202_121746.jpg
20200202_121818.jpg
20200202_121844.jpg
20200202_121937.jpg

Last edited:

Livinfast85

Reaction score
If you are interested in any of the items i used for this project, here are the items I purchased. ( I don't like posting links because sometimes they expire in the future and that leaves people SOL!)
Screenshot_20200202-135110_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20200202-135128_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-135148_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20200202-135209_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-135238_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20200202-135318_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200202-135522_Chrome.jpg

Wilsonwanderings

Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't tell from your post, did you integrate the controller with the truck or just use a phone or other panel?

tcrutch

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome write up. I just ordered the Bluetooth controller. Couple questions for you. Where do you connect the ACC wire of the controller? Is that the pink w/ orange stripe headlight wire you mentioned?

I think I have similar aftermarket bumper as you which doesn’t have the parking sensor mounts so I was planning on drilling holes. Did you do that as well? Did you find some sensor bezels that can be inserted in a drilled hole for mounting? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome write up. I just ordered the Bluetooth controller. Couple questions for you. Where do you connect the ACC wire of the controller? Is that the pink w/ orange stripe headlight wire you mentioned?

I think I have similar aftermarket bumper as you which doesn’t have the parking sensor mounts so I was planning on drilling holes. Did you do that as well? Did you find some sensor bezels that can be inserted in a drilled hole for mounting? Thanks!

As far as the ACC wire, I hooked it straight to the battery with the main power wire. I read that it pulls so little power your vehicle would have to not be used for weeks at a time to affect it.

The bumper DID NOT have holes. I measured them out and drilled them myself. I then used the grommets from my factory bumper to hold the sensors.

I used the pink with orange wire to tap into and run to my new relay box which feeds the "switch side" of the relays. That relay box currently is only feeding my grille LEDs and the 8 small amber LEDs in the front bumper.

tcrutch

Reaction score
As far as the ACC wire, I hooked it straight to the battery with the main power wire. I read that it pulls so little power your vehicle would have to not be used for weeks at a time to affect it.

The bumper DID NOT have holes. I measured them out and drilled them myself. I then used the grommets from my factory bumper to hold the sensors.

I used the pink with orange wire to tap into and run to my new relay box which feeds the "switch side" of the relays. That relay box currently is only feeding my grille LEDs and the 8 small amber LEDs in the front bumper.

Very helpful. Thank you. Great looking truck!

badgett28

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to add somemore running lights (which I still have some to add to the rear). While kicking around ideas, I decided that I wanted to redo my wiring to a more professional situation. I wanted to run my running lights off of a keyed power source but didnt want to run wires through the fire wall. The best solution I came up with was to run a new relay box so i had multiple options to safely run power from different sources without damaging any possible sensitive items.
View attachment 45616

I used the 12v power to the "halos" on the headlight harness to feed the trigger for the relay. The correct wire if you are interested in this is the pink with orange stripe shown below.
View attachment 45617

I also added a Raxiom Bluetooth control module to run my light bar and the ambers on my fog lights. The fog lights are dual color, so for the white lights, I taped into the foglight harness to run those. For finishing touches, all the wiring was wrapped in felt wiring harness tape.
View attachment 45626

View attachment 45627
View attachment 45628

View attachment 45630
View attachment 45631
View attachment 45632
View attachment 45633
All looks really good! Curious though, How did you get the turn signal lights to stay on like that??

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing the Raxiom controller for a while to control my soon to be installed grill light bar and later downt he road some a-pillar pods.

Why did you need the relay box? Was that just to take care of the running lights? I did that in my old truck using the factory running light as my "trigger" to turn on my raptor lights. In fact I used that exact same relay box.

Is the Raxiom controlling your light bar directly or do you have that tied to a relay as well? I could be wrong but based on the videos I have seen its a relay box and fuse box all in one for light bars.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
I've been eyeballing the Raxiom controller for a while to control my soon to be installed grill light bar and later downt he road some a-pillar pods.

Why did you need the relay box? Was that just to take care of the running lights? I did that in my old truck using the factory running light as my "trigger" to turn on my raptor lights. In fact I used that exact same relay box.

Is the Raxiom controlling your light bar directly or do you have that tied to a relay as well? I could be wrong but based on the videos I have seen its a relay box and fuse box all in one for light bars.

Relay is purely for the running lights and any other low amp lights or accessories I may install in the future. I did the Relay box because there is no good keyed power in the engine bay. The Raxiom is wired directly to the battery and is used for my light bar only currently. I will use it for any future higher draw accessories as well.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spoke with the Trigger team and they said batteries last about a year in the remote switches, have you had to replace yours yet?

Last question, where inside your truck did you install the switch panel? Any pics?

Livinfast85

Reaction score
I spoke with the Trigger team and they said batteries last about a year in the remote switches, have you had to replace yours yet?

Last question, where inside your truck did you install the switch panel? Any pics?

I have only had mine for a few months so I haven't had to change the batteries. But I did have an issue with my first box. But their customer service was great and they sent me a whole new one as soon as mine was in the mail. Haven't had a chance to hook the new one up yet.

tcrutch

Reaction score
How are you powering the cube lights? Are those hooked up to the factory fog light harness or running those through the Raxiom?

Livinfast85

Reaction score
How are you powering the cube lights? Are those hooked up to the factory fog light harness or running those through the Raxiom?

The white are wired directly to the factory fog light harness. They yellow are through the Raxiom.

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
View attachment 45616

View attachment 45617

View attachment 45626

View attachment 45627
View attachment 45628

View attachment 45630
View attachment 45631
View attachment 45632
View attachment 45633
That is a really impressive outcome and the wiring is a very elegant solution.

Users who are viewing this thread