5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add toggle buttons where tow haul and traction control are?

yaksushi

Reaction score
My truck just has the 2 toggle buttons for tow haul mode and traction control. Is there a kit to add additional toggle buttons here for other options?

TML_REBEL

Reaction score
I have been looking for something to go there as well. I have not been able to find anything.

yaksushi

Reaction score
I have been looking for something to go there as well. I have not been able to find anything.
yeah it is crazy that the space is there but as of now there is no way for us to utilize it.

WhattheTruck!

Reaction score
I have a L1 package with bench seats and do not have buttons there either. Looking at the build configurator, I selected the L2 package and see buttons. Are they for heated seats? I would think you could order the L2 switch console and add your own graphics / wiring to leverage the included switches. Or possibly order the heated seat (?) switches and replace the blanks in your setup?

1599073142307.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You'd have more switches there if you'd bought trucks with front/rear
I have a L1 package with bench seats and do not have buttons there either. Looking at the build configurator, I selected the L2 package and see buttons. Are they for heated seats? I would think you could order the L2 switch console and add your own graphics / wiring to leverage the included switches. Or possibly order the heated seat (?) switches and replace the blanks in your setup?

View attachment 67304
The two switches on the right are for the front and rear parking sensors. The blank switch to the left of the traction control switch is where the air suspension switch would be if so equipped. The heated seat/steering wheel switches (push buttons) are at the top of the pic, above the HVAC controls.

FM45

Reaction score
The panel switches look and feel like switches and knobs but they are sending data to BCM, that's were all the magic is done. One wire can send multiple commands from multiple switches/devices... You can't add wires and relays from these 'switches' ...

-=FM45=-

yaksushi

Reaction score
The panel switches look and feel like switches and knobs but they are sending data to BCM, that's were all the magic is done. One wire can send multiple commands from multiple switches/devices... You can't add wires and relays from these 'switches' ...

-=FM45=-
Hopefully some smart folks can figure out an adapter so we can customize these.

RamSam

Reaction score
It would provide such a clean look if a person was able to customize this instrument panel for the aftermarket accessories.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
As said before, These are not ON/OFF switches, They are computer-operated and pressing on one of them does a lot more than just shutting a switch on or off...

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hopefully some smart folks can figure out an adapter so we can customize these.
Maybe you could take the guts out of tcs or tow/haul switch and replace the insides with a on/off toggle switch

WhattheTruck!

Reaction score
As said before, These are not ON/OFF switches, They are computer-operated and pressing on one of them does a lot more than just shutting a switch on or off...
It's all ones and zeros at the end of the day. I/O. And/Or, nand/nor, etc... It just takes some creative thinking and they'll be just as functional as any traditional spst switch. Albeit without the tactile flare that some of us analog junkies crave :D

Users who are viewing this thread