5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add Tailgate release switch

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I ordered my ‘21 Rebel with the tech package specifically for the tailgate release. On delivery I asked where is it and was handed two remotes with the tailgate release button included. Anyone know if it is easy to add the button to the overhead console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my ‘21 Rebel with the tech package specifically for the tailgate release. On delivery I asked where is it and was handed two remotes with the tailgate release button included. Anyone know if it is easy to add the button to the overhead console?

Would probably just need to buy the button and the panel where it mounts. I do t understand the need for a tailgate release button inside the truck, but shouldn't be too hard to add it

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You can't just add the switch as the internal electronics arn't there. You need to buy the consol and a conversion harness from Jimmy07 to make it work. Also needs programing with AlfaOBD.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think the remotes work if the truck is on either. Only the button up top. Engine needs to be off for my remote to drop the tailgate.

Also odd beucase I just did the build for a 2022 on on the website and it shows the tailgate release button.
I wonder if they forgot to put it on your truck and charged you for it anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/