5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add on Tailgate led strip?

Syman02

Reaction score
I had one of these run, brake, turn signal, back up led light strips on my last truck. It fit between the bumper and tailgate. Has anyone installed one on the 2019? The area where it should stick is not level and there is tailgate wiring in the area as well. If you used spacers to level it, where did you find them? Any mounting/install ideas? Thanks for the help.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have installed one. As the picture shows I installed it on the tail gate. It was the same spot on my 2015. I have it here in SW FL. more as a defensive move. We are overrun with Snowbirds for half the year and most should not be driving at all.

Attachments

• IMG_4982.JPG
    IMG_4982.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 361

jkratze1

Reaction score
The Putco blade led light bar comes with spacers. I agree the area under tailgate looks badly designed for a light bar without spacers.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one on my 2014 Outdoorsman right now. I mounted it with magnets so I can take it off. I see the 2019 part is plastic. The magnets will act like spacers and I will just mount it with a few screws. I have the OPT7 one with the amber turn signals so it will match the new Ram for color.

DonJr

Reaction score
I also installed a Putco Led light bar, I use the spacers that came with it. If u need to remove the tail gate u have to first pup the lighter bar to remove the tail gate wires. Easy to get to.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I also installed a Putco Led light bar, I use the spacers that came with it. If u need to remove the tail gate u have to first pup the lighter bar to remove the tail gate wires. Easy to get to.
Good to know. Putco has a couple of different models. Which one did you get?

andymlow

Reaction score
I bought the 60 inch one looks great and very visible from behind.
People are reporting fit issue with 60 inch and Putco is recommending the split 18 inch. If the 60 fits I would certainly prefer that. Anyone else try the 60? Issues? Also does anyone know if this light has a delay similar to the OPT7?

IceStormz

Reaction score
I bought the 60 inch one looks great and very visible from behind.

Hey DonJr,

Can you please upload a video or a few picture of your Putco lights? As Andymlow stated, I've contacted Putco directly and they suggest getting the split 18" versions which is 92009-18. However, I'm interested in the 60" one. Also, if you don't mind, how did you wire it up in your vehicle?

Thanks for your help in advance good sir.

DonJr

Reaction score
Hey DonJr,

Can you please upload a video or a few picture of your Putco lights? As Andymlow stated, I've contacted Putco directly and they suggest getting the split 18" versions which is 92009-18. However, I'm interested in the 60" one. Also, if you don't mind, how did you wire it up in your vehicle?

Thanks for your help in advance good sir.
I wired it as they suggested using the hitch wiring, no problems. One note the black and white wires are opposite than the truck wiring. I will post a video later today, need to get my wife to help.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I like the 60" as well. They only issue giving people issues with the 2019s the I've read about is the raised portion in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread