5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward-collision Warning False Alerts?

adamleegriffin

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing any issues with their Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward-collision Warning on their Ram? Specifically as it may relate to interference or location based alerts?

I have a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited, and an odd 'thing' happening.
I drive the same stretch of road consistently and have this message displayed two times, in about a 1 mile stretch of highway. It occurs in the EXACT same spots each time I drive down the road.
ACC/FCW alerts in my truck are telling me "ACC/FCW Unavailable Wipe Front Radar Sensor"
Is there anything known that may interfere or trip this sensor like this with this much consistency based on a location?

Anyone experiencing any issues with their Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward-collision Warning on their Ram? Specifically as it may relate to interference or location based alerts?

I have a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited, and an odd 'thing' happening.
I drive the same stretch of road consistently and have this message displayed two times, in about a 1 mile stretch of highway. It occurs in the EXACT same spots each time I drive down the road.
ACC/FCW alerts in my truck are telling me "ACC/FCW Unavailable Wipe Front Radar Sensor"
Is there anything known that may interfere or trip this sensor like this with this much consistency based on a location?
You said it only happens in the same area every time? I guess there could be some sort of radar interference happening there. I've never had it happen myself and I've never heard of anybody else have it happening. There have been some false FCW warnings that come up once in awhile but not unavailable warnings. Again if it only happens in that same area then there must be some major interference there.

I have in the past. I swear when I get near certain other cars my sensors go crazy. May have been teslas if memory serves me.
Pretty sure these work on a certain frequency range that can get goofy interference.

You said it only happens in the same area every time? I guess there could be some sort of radar interference happening there. I've never had it happen myself and I've never heard of anybody else have it happening. There have been some false FCW warnings that come up once in awhile but not unavailable warnings. Again if it only happens in that same area then there must be some major interference there.
Yeah, it's super predictable. My wife and I try to 'green light' it as it happens. Always in the same locations.

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back