5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accelerator pedal Sensor

dln1319

Reaction score
i have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. A mechanic I trust told me the pedal sensor was defective after having an issue with the Throttle Body light coming on, and the accelerator not responding. I can replace it, but i need to know how to calibrate it, or LEARN it to my truck. Any Help???

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Turn your ignition to run but don’t start the truck. Slowly push the gas pedal down and then slowly let it back up. Should take at least 15 seconds. After that start the motor and drive like normal.

This seemed to calibrate mine but it seems to go back how it was after awhile. If your getting a throttle body code I doubt this will fix it. Seems to be a deeper issue.

dln1319

Reaction score
He checked the throttle body and said it seemed okay.. The TB light comes on nearly everytime I put in Park after driving, or if its running in Park at idle.
The throttle body light turns off after re-starting the truck

Users who are viewing this thread