5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abs issues after a lift

Rtbelec

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a dt ram 1500 after installing a 2.5inch king lift and my abs/traction control goes off going around corners

any advice? Apparently it’s common

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Body lean is probably setting off the pitch/yaw sensors. Do you still have the OEM rear sway bar?

Reactions: c3k

Rtbelec

Reaction score
Yep all stock but the springs and shocks
Is there anyway I can de sensitise the system or turn off the feature?

Pryorctm

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a dt ram 1500 after installing a 2.5inch king lift and my abs/traction control goes off going around corners

any advice? Apparently it’s common
Did you ever find a solution to your truck doing this ? Mine is doing the same thing

2020 Built To Serve

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to your truck doing this ? Mine is doing the same thing
I've had mine back at the dealership more than a few times for this issue. Two and a half inch lift on 35s on a 2020 bighorn built to serve.
We recalibrated this speedometer on day one of the lift. Within days traction and stability control started acting up. The dealer first replaced the wheel hub speed sensors. Then the traction control module and ECU. Now in the shop for a third time replacing all traction control sensors and wheel hub speed sensors again.

This is not a cool thing on wet roads or an icy conditions we've spun out twice on icy roads due to traction control malfunctions.
The dealer ship now reports that ram says this is a known issue and they are working on a software fix.
Lemon Law attorney also says this is a known issue and he's handled several cases for ram traction control. If the dealer doesn't fix it this time we're going to take him up on his offer. . .
Oh yeah somewhere in the middle of all this we did upgrade the sway bar, that didn't work

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I did my level the front sensor wires were really taught, not much slack. I rerouted them with the brake line and used zip ties. Maybe your wires are too tight and causing the connection to drop to the sensors?

Rtbelec

Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate all the comments!
I will have a look at the abs wires!
Also my dealer is telling my they can’t reprogram my Speedo to read correctly after installing 35inch tyres ( 12.5/35/18 )
Is this true? Or are they feeding me cr@p
Appreciate it 👌

Bram2019

Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate all the comments!
I will have a look at the abs wires!
Also my dealer is telling my they can’t reprogram my Speedo to read correctly after installing 35inch tyres ( 12.5/35/18 )
Is this true? Or are they feeding me cr@p
Appreciate it 👌
You can have the vehicle programmed for 35 inch tires. need to pay Mopar service contract a $125.00 fee plus tech time to hook up witech and reconfigure vehicle. Probably $250.00 total. This is not covered by any warranty. It is an option. Whether your exact tire can be programmed, I am not sure but it should be close. If you are generating an ABS fault code, the tech can see in the report which wheel caused it and what happened. That assumes the tech has a clue.

2020 Built To Serve

Reaction score
I've had mine back at the dealership more than a few times for this issue. Two and a half inch lift on 35s on a 2020 bighorn built to serve.
We recalibrated this speedometer on day one of the lift. Within days traction and stability control started acting up. The dealer first replaced the wheel hub speed sensors. Then the traction control module and ECU. Now in the shop for a third time replacing all traction control sensors and wheel hub speed sensors again.

This is not a cool thing on wet roads or an icy conditions we've spun out twice on icy roads due to traction control malfunctions.
The dealer ship now reports that ram says this is a known issue and they are working on a software fix.
Lemon Law attorney also says this is a known issue and he's handled several cases for ram traction control. If the dealer doesn't fix it this time we're going to take him up on his offer. . .
Oh yeah somewhere in the middle of all this we did upgrade the sway bar, that didn't work
No results yet, it's been at the dealership for about a week and could be there for another. They said the sensors are taking awhile to get, but the install will be quick.
Once I get it back and I get a few miles on it, I'll post an update.

Bram2019

Reaction score
No results yet, it's been at the dealership for about a week and could be there for another. They said the sensors are taking awhile to get, but the install will be quick.
Once I get it back and I get a few miles on it, I'll post an update.
This is all very curious. Who did the speedo calibration. Seems like your problems started there. Pretty strange

2020 Built To Serve

Reaction score

Update:
Dealership is now done with the truck. They again replaced the sensors. Not only did that not work, now the parking sensors are out of service front and rear. They said that are unable to fix the stability/traction issues, and have provided us with a statement from RAM that a fix is not likely until March of 2022.
We are going the Lemon Law route. FYI lemon law attorneys do not charge money

2020 Built To Serve

Reaction score
This is all very curious. Who did the speedo calibration. Seems like your problems started there. Pretty strange
The RAM dealership did the speedo calibration. At one point they even put the calibration back to stock, that didn't work. This last time in the shop RAM even sent a corporate diagnostician to evaluate the issue. They are unable to fix the issue and again say it's a software issue.
The dealership rep suggests we go the lemon route.
Best of luck to you

Bram2019

Reaction score
The RAM dealership did the speedo calibration. At one point they even put the calibration back to stock, that didn't work. This last time in the shop RAM even sent a corporate diagnostician to evaluate the issue. They are unable to fix the issue and again say it's a software issue.
The dealership rep suggests we go the lemon route.
Best of luck to you
That rep may be right. When the Renegade came out in 2015, the vehicle had the exact issue you are complaining about. A software update to the PCM and the ABS module were required to fix it. Sounds like that may be similar to your problem. Don't know why it is isolated to only certain trucks. Don't know if the lift has anything t do with it. My guess is it is related to the 35 inch tires and getting the calibration right. Does the problem occur with the stock tires and stock calibration. Just curious

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Update:
Dealership is now done with the truck. They again replaced the sensors. Not only did that not work, now the parking sensors are out of service front and rear. They said that are unable to fix the stability/traction issues, and have provided us with a statement from RAM that a fix is not likely until March of 2022.
Interesting, I'm having similar issues with my 2022 backcountry that has 300 miles on it with a 2" strut level. Traction control and auto start/stop not working and rear parking sensors not working. Started yesterday so I haven't been to a dealer yet. The issues have come and gone twice.

Last edited:

ya3coub

Reaction score
Carli has the brake line extensions with their kits.

Mine is a full carli King performance lift, didn't have any problems, (Actually, I removed the ABS/stability Fuse) three years ago and never had any problem mine isn't working as I don't need it.

But it might be that the cable is not at the right location specially if you change the UCA as the OEM have a place for the abs line while almost all aftermarket doesn't and I used Zipties to secure it

Ramsdownunder

Reaction score
Update:
How did you end up going with this? Did you get your car fixed in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread