5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abs and traction control light on

leniwiec

Reaction score
Hello. I had same problem with ABS check light coming on (RAM 1500 "18) . OBD scan said it’s rear right ABS sensor failure. It turned out that the plug connecting engine bay harness and rest of car get some water and ABS wire degrades. I made an bypass for that one and all check engine light goes off. Plug is located under the car near to front wheel/power side step mechanizm.

Attachments

• tempImagedFPClZ.jpg
    tempImagedFPClZ.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 61
  • tempImagezYZ3M0.jpg
    tempImagezYZ3M0.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 61

sdefo973

Reaction score
Having the same problem. 2019 ram 3500 limited deleted with 50k miles. I have all the warning lights. Changed the right wheel speed sensor but it didn’t help at all. I’m throwing codes
U0415- TCM- Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake Sys (ABS) Ctrl Module
C0034- ABS - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor.
One of the dealers says it could be a tone ring. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys seeing if you have any input today after backing out of my garage my service abs and traction control lights came on. 2019 ram 1500 north edition . It’s an ice storm here in Pennsylvania and my truck says I can’t put it in 4 wheel drive.
My 2021 did the same this week, started and was backing out of garage and ding ding ding 6 warning lights are on😩! Took to the dealer today, who ran out of time to fully diagnose the issues, they said they think it’s in the wiring harness between the back wheels and the master brake cylinder! It goes back in next week, they said it could take several hours to even figure it out🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve had the truck 15 months and it has less than 10,000 miles, this is the first issue with the 21! I hope I don’t have a lemon again like my 19 with multiple trips to the 3 dealers with no fix🤬 for major vibration and balance issues! Did anyone ever get these issues resolved? What was the issue? Thanks, Curt

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello. I had same problem with ABS check light coming on (RAM 1500 "18) . OBD scan said it’s rear right ABS sensor failure. It turned out that the plug connecting engine bay harness and rest of car get some water and ABS wire degrades. I made an bypass for that one and all check engine light goes off. Plug is located under the car near to front wheel/power side step mechanizm.
Funny, my code also said right rear wheel!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2021 did the same this week, started and was backing out of garage and ding ding ding 6 warning lights are on😩! Took to the dealer today, who ran out of time to fully diagnose the issues, they said they think it’s in the wiring harness between the back wheels and the master brake cylinder! It goes back in next week, they said it could take several hours to even figure it out🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve had the truck 15 months and it has less than 10,000 miles, this is the first issue with the 21! I hope I don’t have a lemon again like my 19 with multiple trips to the 3 dealers with no fix🤬 for major vibration and balance issues! Did anyone ever get these issues resolved? What was the issue? Thanks, Curt

Attachments

• 0566A85F-5CBB-486A-987F-FE36DE463E2C.jpeg
    0566A85F-5CBB-486A-987F-FE36DE463E2C.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 30

Mchurch52

Reaction score
This seems to be a pretty common issue, almost always originating from the right rear wheel and caused by a short in the wiring harness. Ram definitely has an issue with how that wire bundle is routed causing it to get rubbed. On my 2020 they had to drop the fuel tank to repair the short, but it hasn’t come back since (been about a year).

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This seems to be a pretty common issue, almost always originating from the right rear wheel and caused by a short in the wiring harness. Ram definitely has an issue with how that wire bundle is routed causing it to get rubbed. On my 2020 they had to drop the fuel tank to repair the short, but it hasn’t come back since (been about a year).
Thanks for the info, sounds like a nightmare! But the dealers act like this is the first time they have seen this lol!

Nitro9797

Reaction score
Same issue on a 2021 RAM 1500 all lights come on went to the dealer twice they said they have no idea, I showed them the posts which referenced the wheel speed sensor, ironically thats the first code they deleted, Very frustrating they couldn't give me an appointment for 3 weeks . They had the truck Tuesday and reset everything and it happened again Wednesday. Its difficult since its not a simple reset and the dealer has to do it. 3 weeks is unacceptable time to wait for a wheel speed sensor replacement. This is my 9th RAM in a row.
I have the exact same issue. 2022 RAM Rebel 1500 Truck has 8700km on it and now all the lights are on and it seems to be stuck in 4wd so its an 8 point turn to try and park the truck without dropping the transfer case. Don't want to break anything in the drive train just want it resolved. Truck is going in tomorrow morning so hopefully they have some experience with this issue by now and can get it fixed.

Nitro9797

Reaction score
Yep my 2022 has the exact same problem but feels like it's stuck in 4wd. Anyone else have that issue as I don't want to drive it around on dry pavement in 4wd so need this fixed ASAP.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. 2022 RAM Rebel 1500 Truck has 8700km on it and now all the lights are on and it seems to be stuck in 4wd so its an 8 point turn to try and park the truck without dropping the transfer case. Don't want to break anything in the drive train just want it resolved. Truck is going in tomorrow morning so hopefully they have some experience with this issue by now and can get it fixed.
Been at the dealer for over 4 hours now with no answers🤷🏻‍♂️

nwpalumberjack

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat, right rear wheel speed sensor replaced, it still didn’t clear the codes, now they’re checking wires, going on week two, I’ts getting frustrating. They had to wait over a week on a wheel speed sensor, dealerships don’t even stock a lug nut now days.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat, right rear wheel speed sensor replaced, it still didn’t clear the codes, now they’re checking wires, going on week two, I’ts getting frustrating. They had to wait over a week on a wheel speed sensor, dealerships don’t even stock a lug nut now days.
Have them check the wiring harness behind the driver side mud lap area, that’s where mine was busted. My dealer said they have seen several others broken in the same exact spot🤷🏻‍♂️

Tyoung

Reaction score
I’m having the same issues on my 2019 Big Horn. Started with an active grill shudder code and on my way to the dealership today I got the dings and now seeing a ABS traction message along with 4x4 unavailable. Then I pull over to write it down and it went away. I still told the service writer to have it checked regardless. After reading these threads I’m a little worried about whether or not it will be diagnosed correctly. Factory warranty expires in about 200 miles but I suppose that’s where the extended warranty I purchased will have to kick in. If they know it’s a problem I’d think if they don’t fix it correctly or it comes back that they would honor the original date the problem was reported?

Dj360

Reaction score
I have the same lights on minus the Engine light (I was able to clear it by simply removing the battery cable). All this started from a boost I got when my battery died, and even replaced the battery and still have the same codes. Help Please.

ok4stringer

Reaction score
My '19 is doing it now but I know why. My son and I were installing a new rear wheel stud and accidentally dented the sensor ring with a hammer. I'm hoping I can get it bent back to some semblance of round enough to turn the lights off. I'm sitting at 104,000 miles so it's way out of warranty...

Claude Henry

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting this issue fixed by the dealership and having it stay fixed? It seems to be a common problem, so I'm surprised there isn't a TSB or recall of some sort. My 2021 with 26,000 miles on it started doing this a few months ago every time I hit a sharp bump in the road. Before that, I had no problems with this truck. The ABS and Electronic Stability Control lights come on and 4WD is temporarily unavailable. The dealership couldn't get it in for over a month. When I finally got to take it in, they traced the problem to a "bad" front driver's side wheel speed sensor. They ordered the part, and I took it back in to have it replaced about a week later. That actually seemed to fix the issue, but it started happening again about five weeks later. It seems even more sensitive than before, and my brakes also give some strange feedback with a grinding noise now and then, such as when slowing down and hitting a bump in the road a certain way. Now the dealership wants me to bring it back in and leave it for an indefinite amount of time so they can look into it more. I understand it's necessary to (hopefully) get it fixed, but it's difficult to arrange other transportation, and they never seem to have loaner vehicles. A truck that's this new shouldn't have issues like this that can't be easily fixed. It's so frustrating.

Beckerton

Reaction score
Following this thread - I'm in the same boat. I bought a new rear wheel speed sensor (mine is left side). I'd love to hear some more input from people with the damaged harness, including where it's damaged.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Abs light has been on for years now. I attribute it to lack of exercise and love of bacon.

As I get older and neuropathy sets in, my traction control isn't what it used to be either.

Users who are viewing this thread