5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABS, 4WD, ACC, Blind Spot, and drivers side power step randomly stopped working

izzyjllamas

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I have a 2019 1500 Limited

Hopefully not the wrong area to post, long story short yesterday I got in my truck and without any previous incidents I have now have basically every warning light on for non-engine issues. ABS, 4WD, Cruise control, parksense, etc and on top of it the power step on the left side. Dealer can't get to my truck for a few days, but I'm puzzled on what could be the cause of such an odd array of issues. Speed sensor? Bad wiring? Just wondering if anyone has seen these issues.

2024-10-25 10_52_12-IMG_9322.HEIC.png2024-10-25 10_52_37-IMG_9321.HEIC.png

Hi friends,

Hopefully not the wrong area to post, long story short yesterday I got in my truck and without any previous incidents I have now have basically every warning light on for non-engine issues. ABS, 4WD, Cruise control, parksense, etc and on top of it the power step on the left side. Dealer can't get to my truck for a few days, but I'm puzzled on what could be the cause of such an odd array of issues. Speed sensor? Bad wiring? Just wondering if anyone has seen these issues.

View attachment 191806View attachment 191808
Bad wiring or a short somewhere. Mine was from my aftermarket exhaust melting the wires on top of the rear diff.

Hi friends,

View attachment 191806View attachment 191808
Not sure about the power step.
I had a similar thing happen, pretty sure the original culprit was the right rear wheel speed sensor, it had a fine layer of rust build-up on it, killing the signal.
Me, monkeying around and swapping the sensors, somehow ended up damaging the left rear sensor wiring, should have had my glasses on.
Anyway, check to see if one of the wheel speed signals is missing/intermittent. I used alfa OBD and OBD MX+
Also, check for water intrusion in the back, the RF hub could be involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back