5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to pull trigger on a 2021 Ram

aascaglione

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2021 Ram 1500 with 11,400 miles on it. It's called the Big Horn. I don't know what that means yet. I've owned Dodge vehicles in the past including a 1999 Dodge Durango. I never had a Ram pickup. This Ram has the 5.7 Hemi with the 8-speed transmission. Is there anything specific I should be looking at, or for, before I sign on the dotted line? I was looking at the options for trailering. I didn't see anything about transmission, oil, or power steering coolers. Do they just come standard? I'm worried about all the electrical controls. Are there any know problems I should be aware of? The truck is a great ride. A lot more comfortable than my Silverado 2500HD. I'm curious about this back up control on the dash. I have no problems backing up a trailer with my mirrors, but I was wondering if you all like this option. I'll have to get used to turning a knob for putting the truck in gear. I've also heard that the transmissions are very vulnerable if you tow without hitting the tow mode button. Any of you experience problems with this?

Users who are viewing this thread