5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Radio? Really?

Mountainn2121

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Longhorn w the 12” screen. While parked I got a message to update. I tapped OK. I saw The update progressing and when finished it gave the “Device not Supported” message. I cannot clear the message for more than a few seconds. It’s maddening. Took it to dealer and they looked at it for 2 hours. They tell me a new radio is needed. That seems crazy. They have it on order. But no ETA.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It's not the first time i heard that the last update renders the radio inoperable, That's crazy and will not end up well for Ram or Uconnect, Whoever is responsible for this crappy thing...

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not the first time i heard that the last update renders the radio inoperable, That's crazy and will not end up well for Ram or Uconnect, Whoever is responsible for this crappy thing...
It's just a computer. Look at all the pc's microsoft has rendered inoperable with a simple update.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine died a few weeks ago, took 10 days to get the radio approved and 4 more for UPS to deliver it. Picked my truck up yesterday, radio works as it did before going toes up.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It's just a computer. Look at all the pc's microsoft has rendered inoperable with a simple update.
But a PC is easy to work on... Just formatting the drive will bring it back to life real quick... If something goes wrong with these radios, They become a paperweight, It's not like some techy tech at the dealership can work on it and fix it, IT'S GONE!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But a PC is easy to work on... Just formatting the drive will bring it back to life real quick... If something goes wrong with these radios, They become a paperweight, It's not like some techy tech at the dealership can work on it and fix it, IT'S GONE!
Too bad they made it a closed system that is unrepairable.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a shame. Eventually they need to give more options to fixing these screens rather than just junking them after a bad update.

Users who are viewing this thread