5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little help with Android Auto

Grouper

Reaction score
I'm brand new to Android Auto. I launched Stitcher to play some podcasts. Now, when I have either Google Maps or Waze displayed (and maybe other apps I haven't yet tried), the Stitcher play/pause is minimized underneath the map. Any idea how to remove it?

Also, when using Google Maps, I figured out how to adjust the map voice volume independent of the radio volume. But I can't figure it out in Waze. Every time Waze says "red light camera ahead" etc, it's really loud.

Thanks very much!

Waze.jpg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I'm brand new to Android Auto. I launched Stitcher to play some podcasts. Now, when I have either Google Maps or Waze displayed (and maybe other apps I haven't yet tried), the Stitcher play/pause is minimized underneath the map. Any idea how to remove it?

Also, when using Google Maps, I figured out how to adjust the map voice volume independent of the radio volume. But I can't figure it out in Waze. Every time Waze says "red light camera ahead" etc, it's really loud.

Thanks very much!

View attachment 77312
You cannot remove this bar.

About the navigation volume, The easiest way to lower it is to wait for the voice command to start and you can lower the volume to this specific media by turning the volume knob while its playing this command.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, the volume is crazy loud, whether using Google Maps or Uconnect NAV. My trick is to use the steering wheel volume controls for fast easy response, turning down the volume as the voice command starts. I haven't found another way to adjust the volume of the NAV except during its voice prompts. Would love to default it much lower, like level 1 or 2, instead of the 10 or whatever crazy level it's on.

Last edited:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like they said, adjust the volume as the voice is playing. That's the only way to adjust it.

The bar will always be there. It's supposed to make it easier to control/monitor both nav and music apps at the same time.

When your nav map is on screen, the most recently used music app will show in that bar.
you-can-still-run-google-maps-on-a-phone-when-connected-to-android-auto-143039_1.png

When using a music app on the main part of the screen, the most recently used nav app (and any current directions needed) will show up in the bar instead.
of-course-spotify-cant-just-work-flawlessly-on-android-auto-143038_1.png

Tap the circle with the spotify logo or direction arrow in that bottom bar to flip flop back and forth between those 2 apps on the main screen.

Grouper

Reaction score
Yeah, the volume is crazy loud, whether using Google Maps or Uconnect NAV. My trick is to use the steering wheel volume controls for fast easy response, turning down the volume as the voice command starts. I haven't found another way to adjust the volume of the NAV except during its voice prompts. Would love to default it much lower, like level 1 or 2, instead of the 10 or whatever crazy level it's on.

Google Maps has a menu option to lower the speaking volume, but none that I could find in Waze.

But I followed the suggestions in the thread and hit the steering wheel volume control while Waze was barking instructions and it worked as advertised (without affecting the volume of the radio).

Thanks gents.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Google Maps has a menu option to lower the speaking volume, but none that I could find in Waze.

But I followed the suggestions in the thread and hit the steering wheel volume control while Waze was barking instructions and it worked as advertised (without affecting the volume of the radio).

Thanks gents.

Good info on Google! Though I find myself on Uconnect NAV a lot because I'm too lazy to connect to my phone and because Uconnect actually has a decent UI.

However, just note, you will need to always lower the volume using that same method every time you use NAV, it doesn't default to that lower volume.

Grouper

Reaction score
However, just note, you will need to always lower the volume using that same method every time you use NAV, it doesn't default to that lower volume.

Figures. Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread