5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80mm Throttle Body

Smerberj

Reaction score
Hello y'all,

I received my 80mm GPE Throttle Body today, took me about 10 minutes to install it and everything works as it should. Haven't had any check engine lights, truck idles smoother (assuming because the negative terminal of the battery was disconnected), seems more peppy when paired with my custom intake tube. I'd say it was worth it, got a great deal on the throttle body too. Worth a note, my old throttle body had some liquid behind the throttle plate, smelt like gasoline. Is that normal? 20200221_143135.jpg
20200221_143151.jpg

Smerberj

Reaction score
Neat - what's the OE diameter?

Hows the custom intake system look?
It's the same size as the old Throttle body, it's just been bored out to 80mm, look at the picture that shows them side by side and you will see it. As far as my custom intake goes, check out my thread under the 3.6L Pentastar.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's the same size as the old Throttle body, it's just been bored out to 80mm, look at the picture that shows them side by side and you will see it. As far as my custom intake goes, check out my thread under the 3.6L Pentastar.

I guess I should've clarified, what's the OE ID (inside diameter), but by the photos, I'm guessing something like 70-72 mm if the wall thickness is around 5-6mm. I'll check out the thread, thanks!

Smerberj

Reaction score
Unfortunately the throttle body took a **** on me today. GPE said they will send me a new unit. I was a bit shocked at the throttle bodies premature failure. I will report back when I get the new one in.

Smerberj

Reaction score
GPE sent me a new Throttle Body, I installed it along with a Rugged Ridge throttle body spacer that a buddy of mine gave to me. So far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread