5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 w/o NAV Display Themes?

ez.allgood

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the Uconnect 4 with 8.4 touch screen. Not having the NAV isn't a big deal for me, I like the AndroidAuto google maps. What I would like to know is, on the other models (8.4 w/ NAV and 12.1 w/ NAV) you can change the display theme. The touch screen w/o NAV does not have this function that I can find.

I was test-driving another RAM (with NAV) that I was able to change the theme to blue (very nice) and the RAM I ended up with (no NAV) only gives you the standard red theme, no way to change the display theme, the function isn't there that I can find in any of the settings.

Is there a way to activate this function? Possibly with the Alfa OBD or is it a lost cause?

Thanks for the help. No worries if there isn't a solution, just a bummer that it's not available (that I can find).

20200521_152828-01.jpg 20200521_152834-01.jpg

Last edited:

ez.allgood

Reaction score
does anybody have a solution to change the themes on the Uconnect 4 without Nav???

or is this not possible?

jeffauclair

Reaction score
they are not the same unit. 8.4 nav is screen + module and 8.4 non nav is a whole unit assembly.

ez.allgood

Reaction score
strange that with all of the goodies this truck comes with, you can't change the color on the screens. Seems like that could be a firmware update

Users who are viewing this thread