5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Uconnect SXM question

Budram

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Bighorn with the 8.4 Uconnect (Panasonic). I recently did the OTA update (first since I got the truck 2 years ago). But I've been having an issue the last 6 months with the favorites on SXM that is continuing after the update: all my favorites are there (songs and artists). I get the alert and normally switch back from my android screen (usually waze) to the radio then click the alert at the top of the screen to be brought to the "on the air favorite" list. However, after an indiscriminate time frame (sometimes 2 min after starting the truck, sometimes 30-45 min), I still get the alert that a favorite is playing, but the alert disappears in less than a second. And if I manually go to the "on the air favorites" under the SXM and browse menu, it shows NONE PLAYING at this time. But at least one is, I'm looking right at it, and I just got 3 alerts in the last minute.

I've called the dealer, who referred me to SXM. They did the refresh signal like 5 times, never helps. After finally getting a tech level person at SXM, they said I need to take it to the dealer to do "a hard reset of the SXM module", which essentially, they need to disconnect and reconnect it. Does anyone know where this is located? Is this something I can do without going back to the dealer?

BTW - about 12 hours after my OTA update, the volume went crazy (max or off) and had to do a soft reset. Helped the volume issue but not the favorite thing.

(sorry if this is a repeat question, but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on it)

Users who are viewing this thread