5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 system restarting every 3-5 minutes/NO Sirius function

pl92106

Reaction score
Well I've had my 2019 1500 for 7 months now, about to hit the 6000mi mark, and two days ago my 8.4 system started shutting down and restarting every 3-5 minutes. This happens in any screen/function. Also, despite having an active Sirius account, the Sirius radio is INOP. I can touch the Sirius icon under the FM icon, nothing happens. I have an appointment Tues for first oil change, and obviously this issue. I'm wondering if there was some kind of OTA update that happened, similar to 2018. I have tried disconnecting the battery for 30mins, and that had no effect. I also noticed that the clock is wrong now.

Last edited:

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My radio is behaving very similarly, except the Sirius still works.

My radio used to reset very intermittently, like once every other week or so. I brought my truck in for the two recalls, and to have any software updates completed. They updated the ECM, PCM, DTCM, etc., and the Uconnect.

Ever since the update, my radio now resets exactly once every four minutes. Everything works normal in between resets, including Sirius.

The dealer said that the radio was faulty, so they ordered a new one. I brought it back last Friday to have installed and it did not fix the problem.

So, they still have my truck, and they're working with FCA to resolve...have not heard anything yet. Will advise, once I have some information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/