5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 non nav radio frozen

nbase

Reaction score
Just had the radio freeze, display is stuck on the last radio station but no speaker output. Mute button don't work, volume knob changes the volume but still no sound. The display is registering the touch inputs, just nothing happens. Can't switch between radio and satellite. Carplay works, and I get sounds from the Waze app. Might try disconnecting the battery when I get home later... Anyone seen this issue?

nbase

Reaction score
Well that was strange for sure, power cycled the truck a few times and it was still froze. Let the truck sit during my daughter's softball game, come back all presets were blank, hit the sxm button and it all came back. Must have just been a glitch.

Isy1

Reaction score
I ran into similar Frozen NAV/Radio everything several times on 12" display and it was very frustrating to say the least cuz even then i tried to use my car play utilizing my Google Map app, it was ALL Muted! after several stop/start engine during my 1400 miles trip south it started again. I have posted this problem earlier this year and RAM dealership in Florida ordered a New Radio (4 weeks wait) and problem disappeared. However, ever since my Voice Activated Microphone (on display, not the steering wheel) still remains MUTED. it's been 3 months now waiting for a Fix !! not there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread