5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Nav Upgrade

ncsu92

Reaction score
Found a guy who is selling the control unit "brain" for the 8.4 nav. Can that be installed on a Big Horn that came from the factory without nav?

Leadbedr

Reaction score
From what ive read, no. The 8.4 nav and 8.4 non nav are different manufactures.
But I could be wrong.

DwW

Reaction score
is it possible to upgrade from to the system with Nav? Meaning changing out the system at the dealership or am I stuck with what I have? If so anyone know the cost?

Leadbedr

Reaction score
is it possible to upgrade from to the system with Nav? Meaning changing out the system at the dealership or am I stuck with what I have? If so anyone know the cost?
I think its a totally different thing. They are not the same manufactures. I would be the dealer would charge like 3k or something stupid.
Id pay for a custom tablet install before I would do that

dsoto19646

Reaction score
I went to the dealership today and they told me there was no way to upgrade. I even tried to see if I could change out the 8.4 for the larger screen. I’m kinda questioning their answer so I’m going to try a different dealership. I really don’t see how it’s impossible to swap or add navigation. But I’ve been wrong before.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to the dealership today and they told me there was no way to upgrade. I even tried to see if I could change out the 8.4 for the larger screen. I’m kinda questioning their answer so I’m going to try a different dealership. I really don’t see how it’s impossible to swap or add navigation. But I’ve been wrong before.
Yeah I dont buy that. Unfortunately most dealerships don't know enough about these trucks. Anything is possible. I believe somebody stated on here that infotainment.com was close to having everything working properly.

DwW

Reaction score
MY dealership told me the same thing... If the trucks aren't equipped with the 8.4C Nav version there is no way to upgrade to the U-Connect system that you can remote start or lock/unlock from your phone. Seems crazy to me and VERY disappointing that a vehicle with push button start can't have technology to unlock with an app from my phone.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think what they mean is to be registered with Uconnect and have complete functionality. Anyone can throw a 12.1 into any Ram, it just won't be completely operational.

AnthroMoto

Reaction score
Anything is possible. The hole is the same, its just the components that are different. The question becomes whether or not FCA will release the instructions on how to do it along with selling the necessary components needed. They CAN do it. The question is WILL they?

Users who are viewing this thread