5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 nav firmware update

Will42805

Reaction score
Hey yall, not to beat a dead horse but... does anyone have the firmware for a 8.4 nav radio. I'm wondering if it's possible to update a non nav radio with nav firmware. I know a lot of people have tried multiple ways... has anyone tried this?

Will42805

Reaction score
I guess I'm wondering if there is a difference in hardware. Ram seems to like to utilize a lot of the same parts for different trims or vehicles and just not activate it.. like the car alarm etc

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This has been covered in a thread but I don't recall the title/location. I have the nav 8.4 and from what I can recall the non nav can not be updated/converted to a nav.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
according to my vin, I don’t have any available updates for the 8.4. How does the website know this if I don’t have internet data in my truck? I can’t even tell what the latest is.

Users who are viewing this thread