5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 freeze up

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone having this issue? Happens about once or twice a month.. no button works after startup. Then after a couple minutes it reboots by itself and works normally.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Anyone having this issue? Happens about once or twice a month.. no button works after startup. Then after a couple minutes it reboots by itself and works normally.
Yes. I am having this problem along with some others such as.... Only one xm station works, randomly switching between audio inputs, and random reboots. Very frustrating.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I am having this problem along with some others such as.... Only one xm station works, randomly switching between audio inputs, and random reboots. Very frustrating.

Wow. I think it might be time for a dealer visit while it’s still under warranty for us...

ocn

Reaction score
I am having same issue and sometimes systems suddenly seems to shutdown and reboot with odd noise from speakers. Mentioned it to my dealer service manager. He acknowledge there are some issues but was not aware of a solution being out yet. Over the past 6.5 years this dealer's service department has been top notch, first on my 2014 ED and now with our 2020. So I trust they are staying on top of things.

highgear2005

Reaction score
My 8.4 was locking up! Happened just a few times, I mentioned it to my dealer and he replaced the unit! That was about two months ago. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quint

Reaction score
Is there a way to restart the 8.4 system like in the 4th gen trucks? I believe that one could push the volume and tuner knobs in at the same time, hold, and a few seconds later the 8.4 system would reboot.

I'll give it a try today on my 5th gen.

jamesmac

Reaction score
Sounds similar to what I am seeing on my Ram and Jeep. My dealer is saying FCA won't allow the radios to be replaced as it is a known issue. WHat they don't know is how to fix it, so I am stuck with 2 vehicles that the radio is hit and miss.

Users who are viewing this thread