5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6112s plus 1/2in spacer?

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
looking to do 2.5in up front using 6112s with a 1/2in motofab spacer with new uca,and a 1.5in motofab spacer in the rear. would this cause any cv issues? is 2.5 inches up front too much?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I'm assuming by your name that you have a Rebel? You are already 1" higher than stock suspension Rams.

If using the springs that come with the B8 6112 kit the most you can get is a 1.6" lift in the front of a Rebel. But, if you use the Rebel springs you can get up to 2". If you add a .5" spacer on top of that you are essentially 3.5" higher than a standard suspension Ram which is at the max you should do without major suspension upgrades.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
i thought it might be pushing it. ive only seen a cpl rebels with a 2.5 front lift so I wasn't sure. so basically 2in front lift is best without going into a full 4in or 6in kit? . on the 6112s website though it says on clip 8 it gives a rebel a 2in lift. is that wrong information?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
i thought it might be pushing it. ive only seen a cpl rebels with a 2.5 front lift so I wasn't sure. so basically 2in front lift is best without going into a full 4in or 6in kit? . on the 6112s website though it says on clip 8 it gives a rebel a 2in lift. is that wrong information?
You should be fine with 2.5" if you aren't doing a ton of offroading.

Yes, clip #8 with the Rebel springs for 2". With the included springs it will only be 1.6" or so. Unless Bilstein is saying that ORP/Rebel trucks are only .6" higher than standard suspension trucks. I installed a set for a customer with the included springs and it didn't lift the truck 2". Was even worse after settling. Had to remove the set again and put his ORP/Rebel springs on.

Nsm42

Reaction score
You should be fine with 2.5" if you aren't doing a ton of offroading.

Yes, clip #8 with the Rebel springs for 2". With the included springs it will only be 1.6" or so. Unless Bilstein is saying that ORP/Rebel trucks are only .6" higher than standard suspension trucks. I installed a set for a customer with the included springs and it didn't lift the truck 2". Was even worse after settling. Had to remove the set again and put his ORP/Rebel springs on.
I had no idea the 6112 springs were shorter than ORP/Rebel springs. Do we know the measurements of each to compare? Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Thinking of doing just that ORP springs with the 6112 on #8, So how is the ride? and what is your lift now?

Users who are viewing this thread