5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6112 leveling coilovers

Cjcolyer

Reaction score
I just installed some Bilstein 6112 and 5160s on my Rebel and got some 35s on it. As you can see in the pic, there is still a slight rake. I want to raise the front about another half inch, but want to avoid the spacers.

Would swapping out the coils on the 6112s with the OEM strut coils potentially solve this? Also open to other suggestions. IMG_4817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjdrebel

Reaction score
What setting were the 6112's set to? Are you still using the factory UCA's?

When I installed my 6112's I installed new radylift UCA's, 6112's with new coilovers and I also installed a 1" spacer for my rear 5100's (could not find 5160's when I was installing). The Bilstein 6112's were set to the highest setting - I think 8.

Your Rebel looks great!!!

Cjcolyer

Reaction score
What setting were the 6112's set to? Are you still using the factory UCA's?

When I installed my 6112's I installed new radylift UCA's, 6112's with new coilovers and I also installed a 1" spacer for my rear 5100's (could not find 5160's when I was installing). The Bilstein 6112's were set to the highest setting - I think 8.

Your Rebel looks great!!!

Thanks!

My 6112s are also set to 8, and I’m using the factory UCAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellingtontx

Reaction score
Looks great. I would ride with what you have for now and let it settle in and see if you still think it needs additional manipulation.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see others adding the Motofab .5 spacer, which isn't enough to worry about in this case. That's what I would do, plus no need to take strut back apart. I personally think it looks good, plus I like a little rake for when hauling/towing.

Last edited:

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A little rake is a good thing. Around town it isn't an issue. When I off road I usually have a couple of hundred pounds in the bed so it levels out nicely. Especially through whoops. It really isn't anything to worry about.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep the little rake you have you”ll be happy you have it if you load the bed plus doesn’t look as obvious once you get rid of stupid small factory 32” tires. Gotta keep in mind w/ the sport style hood being leveled makes the front look nose high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread