5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6″ BASIC SYSTEM W/ PERFORMANCE SHOCKS – K3086

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have this on their truck....Trying to decide on this or wait for BDS to come up with something....

I wonder what MPG we would get with 37's :)

pber1

Reaction score
Thanks....Do you like it? Any pics?
They’re nice and worth every penny in my opinion! 053FDC8D-C9E5-45EE-9A6D-92B919DA3125.jpeg
This is the most recent pic! The rear dirt logics weren’t on yet because Fabtech had them on back order but the front has the coilovers! I’ll try to take some more pics today when I get a chance

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed you switched out or plasti dipped your badges...Looks great! I plan to do the same. Looks more like the Canadian Sport version

RamRebel19

Reaction score
I have the 6" Fabtech kit. Love it! Worth every penny. Buddy of mine went with RC and we did both installs around the same time. He had to put his truck on hold because the front spacers to his RC kit popped the welds when the truck was lowered from the lift. They sent replacements, but it took about 5 days before he had the new ones. The metal on his spacers are much thinner than the Fabtech ones.

KevinB79

Reaction score
I have the 6" Fabtech kit. Love it! Worth every penny. Buddy of mine went with RC and we did both installs around the same time. He had to put his truck on hold because the front spacers to his RC kit popped the welds when the truck was lowered from the lift. They sent replacements, but it took about 5 days before he had the new ones. The metal on his spacers are much thinner than the Fabtech ones.
I’ve heard from couple co-workers I work with that RC parts are not the greatest quality. One of the guys had it on his 4 door Jeep Wrangler with some 20 inch wheels and big tires. He didn’t recommend it to me..he told me that I shouldn’t put a cheap lift on my 2019 Ram. I’m gonna take his advice when I’m ready.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fabtech is just as good as BDS in terms of quality of the actual lift, but those shocks are trash that come with the basic kit. Same is true for all the “basic” shocks regardless of manufacturer (including BDS). So really it kind of comes down to dirt logic vs fox shocks IMO, which they are about equal really. Fox has a bigger following, but that’s mostly because they sell them separately in the shock world where as dirt logic is just fabtech specific.

I don’t think you can really go wrong either way, but I wouldn’t recommend anyone’s basic shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread