5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6” RC Lift with 20x12 with 35’s clearance

RamSco

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your truck on a level surface? Curious to see if the BDS kit has any rake. My Fabtech kit sits about an inch higher in the back and it bugs the shït out of me so I wanna see if the rear BDS coil makes a huge difference.
[/Q
Mine might not be the best comp because I have the ORP which has longer struts. BDS recommended we leave out the 7/8" preload spacers in front suggesting the truck would be 3/8" higher in back if we did. Somehow, that did not get communicated to the Tech that did the install so now mine is slightly higher in front. It's pretty subtle and it's not driving me crazy yet so I figured I'd put some miles on it and see how things settled out. I am traveling this week and this is the best picture I have on flat ground. If you need a different perspective, just ask. I'll follow-up over the weekend.

Attachments

• Del Day 1 at dealership.jpg
    Del Day 1 at dealership.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 196

pber1

Reaction score
Back at ya brotha. My last two trucks were white so my wife talked me into getting a different color this time. But I do love the white trucks with sport appearance package. Good choice!
Thanks again my boy! I had to go black on white it’s always stood out whenever I came across one on the highway!

RamSco

Reaction score
Thanks again my boy! I had to go black on white it’s always stood out whenever I came across one on the highway!
Here is another picture more straight on side shot. Again, I'm a little high in the front but it's not bugging me too bad yet.

Attachments

• Del w shell 06.01.19 - 3.jpg
    Del w shell 06.01.19 - 3.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 182

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
6" BDS with 35's on 18 x 9 zero offset zero trimming. Lot's of guys prefer more tire outside the fender well which I understand but I like less snow and mud slinging. View attachment 26452

Nice. I am getting ready to buy the 6" BDS kit with the upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks and upper control arms. Plan on putting on 35x12.5 on 20" stock rims. You don't get any rubbing at all?

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Nice. I am getting ready to buy the 6" BDS kit with the upgraded Fox 2.0 shocks and upper control arms. Plan on putting on 35x12.5 on 20" stock rims. You don't get any rubbing at all?
On stock wheels with stock off set u can put 35s with no rub on leveling kit, 6 inch lift u can fit 37s or bigger, no rubbing with stock offset/wheels.. the negative offset is what causes the rubbing mainly

RamSco

Reaction score
[/QUOTE
No rubbing what so ever. I’m at zero offset and 5” backspace. Not sure what the backspacing is on the stock wheels but BDS max is 5” and looking at mine there is no room for more rim or tire next to the steering knuckle. I’d even recommend 4.5” backspace or less to stay on the conservative side. Do post pics when you’re done brotha.

Novacain

Reaction score

6" RC Lift, 22 x 12.5 x 35
Minor trimming of front inner from shop that did the lift.
It doesn't rub now but it would have been a lot cleaner if they used a heat gun on the plastic inner fender and massaged it to get the clearance.

pber1

Reaction score
What coil overs did u get? Didn’t realize 5gens had them yet....just in New BDS kit.
They’re Fabtech, I got my kit installed last November and the coil overs were already out for a good month or so. I’m wanna swap them out whenever BDS releases coil overs for their 4in kit

Users who are viewing this thread