5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen audio and sound dead install

Jaddair

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install some aftermarket stereo equipment and some sound dampening in my 5th gen. Does anyone have any info on how to remove the headliners and door panels? Also the easiest location to access the radio wire harness to get the speaker leads for a lone out converter?

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install some aftermarket stereo equipment and some sound dampening in my 5th gen. Does anyone have any info on how to remove the headliners and door panels? Also the easiest location to access the radio wire harness to get the speaker leads for a lone out converter?
Get the pac audio that plugs in behind the radio, it'll give you a clean signal out. Pac CH-03 will allow you to connect the speaker wires from the amp(s) into the factory harness. I believe the factory amp is under the driver seat (?). I don't have my truck yet but recall reading that's where it was.
There are 3 or 4 10mm bolts for the front doors and then just pins around the side. Don't recall back doors. There are a couple of YT videos that show how the panels come off. 5 star car stereo did a RAM upgrade, might have some pointers in there for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back