5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 inch to 8.4 radio swap

Billy1642

Reaction score
I swapped out my 5 inch to the 8.4 and now my hands free buttons do not work. Does anyone know how to fix it. Everything else works great. I can't answer the phone or make selections for the radio. It all works great if I use the radio.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe something got disconnected behind the screen... the buttons should work with the new radio too...

Billy1642

Reaction score
Maybe something got disconnected behind the screen... the buttons should work with the new radio too...
There really isn't any way for that to happen. Every thing has clips and it's all seated. I was wandering if maybe I should disconnect the battery and wait for about ten minutes and see if it resets the ECU.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It happened to a few forum members when they swapped the radios. Some even had their camera plug disconnected a few days after... It can happen.
Disconnect the battery... I don't think it's going to help but it can't hurt either...

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the swap on my 2014 cherokee. I took it to the dealer to have the BCM flashed with the sales code of the 8.4 head unit. Everything worked after that.

Users who are viewing this thread