5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 eTorque running hot

Lzielke

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM 1500 with 5.7 eTorque The start stop went offline with this message below they tells me it is running hot that is why this happening. They have had it almost a week trouble shooting it still have not found the problem has anyone experiencing this issue? FC3FECB6-A965-4BBC-B3BC-FAD5CCA70472.jpeg

When its hot and you are calling for HVAC the stop/start will not operate until you get the cab temp close to where you‘re asking but you will not get the Unavailable message. The cause of this is almost always a low voltage issue caused by either the intelligent battery sensor or the MAIN battery being less than optimal. Your voltage meter in this photo looks like its lower than mine normally Is. You can check it by toggling the menu. It should be in the high thirteens to low fourteens in my experience with both my Rebel and Jeeps with Start/ Stop.

I just turn OFF A/S/S via the button when I want to run the a/c full function at stops.

When its hot and you are calling for HVAC the stop/start will not operate until you get the cab temp close to where you‘re asking but you will not get the Unavailable message. The cause of this is almost always a low voltage issue caused by either the intelligent battery sensor or the MAIN battery being less than optimal. Your voltage meter in this photo looks like its lower than mine normally Is. You can check it by toggling the menu. It should be in the high thirteens to low fourteens in my experience with both my Rebel and Jeeps with Start/ Stop.
Would you say overall that the E-Torque is not a good motor choice and to stick with the regular Hemi as my neighbor has been looking at that motor for when he orders.

I just turn OFF A/S/S via the button when I want to run the a/c full function at stops.
Can you explain more of what you mean, so does someone have to shut off this A/S/S when they want to run their Air conditioning at full function?

Would you say overall that the E-Torque is not a good motor choice and to stick with the regular Hemi as my neighbor has been looking at that motor for when he orders.
In my experience with e torque it has worked flawlessly for what it does. It’s the same 5.7 Hemi with a different charging system & with stop start plus regen braking. There have been a small number of e torque briefcase batteries fail comparatively but the main battery is usually the issue e torque or not ( it’s the same main battery in any non e t 5.7 Hemi Ram, jeep etc.) when the electrical stuff starts going wonky on these trucks. They are just so voltage sensitive. I wouldn’t be apprehensive about getting another e torque if it was the truck I wanted. The components are mostly covered under the emissions warranty coverage which is the longest term of any like 80,000 miles.

1.5 years and 12k miles on mine. No problems at all. First vehicle I've ever had with S/S where I don't turn it off immediately. It works well (even if it doesn't actually improve MPG).

1.5 years and 12k miles on mine. No problems at all. First vehicle I've ever had with S/S where I don't turn it off immediately. It works well (even if it doesn't actually improve MPG).
Good to know.

1.5 yrs & 14,000 miles & works flawlessly.
Good to know, as I was concerned mine would do the same as the other guy reported that his was having battery issues when running his AC. Make you wonder when they do Quality checks if they work better during the week and less on Friday's Lol...

A/C always has diminished performance when auto stop/start engages. Because the engine is NOT running. there is nothing turning the compressor. The etorque battery pack and the regular battery still power the fan, so it would still be blowing somewhat cool air if the a/c had already been on.

Can you explain more of what you mean, so does someone have to shut off this A/S/S when they want to run their Air conditioning at full function?
In a/s/s, the engine is OFF, there is nothing powering the compressor, so during a/s/s the a/c is not at full function. the batteries are still powering the fan and electronics, however.

In a/s/s, the engine is OFF, there is nothing powering the compressor, so during a/s/s the a/c is not at full function. the batteries are still powering the fan and electronics, however.
If u turn your air up a notch the truck will turn back on to accommodate the cooler temperature. I usually turn my air down right b4 I know I'll be at a long light so my truck will turn off to save gas. It's been hotter than crap here in Minnesota so far this June. I work outside all day in construction, & the A/C is too damn cold imo. Idk what everyone is complaining about the air not being cold. Works too good imo.

Thank you for the explanation.

If u turn your air up a notch the truck will turn back on to accommodate the cooler temperature. I usually turn my air down right b4 I know I'll be at a long light so my truck will turn off to save gas. It's been hotter than crap here in Minnesota so far this June. I work outside all day in construction, & the A/C is too damn cold imo. Idk what everyone is complaining about the air not being cold. Works too good imo.
What if you were to just use it on a lower setting and not blast it as much, perhaps you guy's in Minnesota should be used to the cold AC in the summer, isn't it cold as hell there in the winter. Hell us folks up here in Massachusetts snow blow our driveways in our shorts. and flip flops somedays as it isn't cold enough for us here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back