5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Gen Ram Compatibility with 5th Gen Tail lights.

jtothecruz

Reaction score
Newbie here. I just entered the Ram family with a 2020 Ram 1500 purchase. I loved the 4th generation body style as I was going to purchase a 2018 Laramie but I ended up purchasing a new 5th Gen.

I wanted to know if anyone has any information regarding the fit/compatibility of 4th Gen Tail lights with the newer 5th Gen bed as both tailights look similar size and curves. Sorry if this a repost.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They will not fit. You're wanting to put 4th gen tail lights on your 5th gen? That's the first time I've heard anyone wanting to do that. Not only do they not fit the openings, but there are sensors in the 5th gen tail lights. Not sure if it's for blind-spot detection or lane departure. But whichever it is, you'd lose that feature with the swap even if it did fit.

jtothecruz

Reaction score
They will not fit. You're wanting to put 4th gen tail lights on your 5th gen? That's the first time I've heard anyone wanting to do that. Not only do they not fit the openings, but there are sensors in the 5th gen tail lights. Not sure if it's for blind-spot detection or lane departure. But whichever it is, you'd lose that feature with the swap even if it did fit.
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know because 4th Gen Rams have a larger selection of aftermarket taillights. I guess that's the trade off of owning a new Gen vehicle where aftermarket parts take a while to get in the market.

Boston

Reaction score
If you’d bought a 2500, you’d be all set. It has a 4th gen body

Users who are viewing this thread