5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th gen EcoDiesel to 5th gen hemi

Joforg

Reaction score
Toying with switching my 2016 Laramie quad cab EcoDiesel for a 5th gen crew cab Hemi (no e-tq) Built to Serve.
Looks like I lose digital temp and cooled seats, pick up cabin room and a better ride.
A little nervous on fuel economy...
(Eco diesel has 135,000 km and runs nicely).

Arth

Reaction score
Toying with switching my 2016 Laramie quad cab EcoDiesel for a 5th gen crew cab Hemi (no e-tq) Built to Serve.
Looks like I lose digital temp and cooled seats, pick up cabin room and a better ride.

The fuel mileage will be a lot less in the Hemi. Went from a 4th Gen Hemi to the 5th Gen Hemi to a 5th Gen Ecodiesel. Personally the updates from the 4th to 5th Gen are well worth it but since I commute almost 70 miles a day I wanted the EcoDiesel for more range.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum . You’ll for sure use more gas with the Hemi .

Joforg

Reaction score
The fuel mileage will be a lot less in the Hemi. Went from a 4th Gen Hemi to the 5th Gen Hemi to a 5th Gen Ecodiesel. Personally the updates from the 4th to 5th Gen are well worth it but since I commute almost 70 miles a day I wanted the EcoDiesel for more range.
Thanks. That's where I get stuck. Not driving as much these days but for some reason money at the pump seems worse than the oil change deg premium. My 2016 averages About 11/100k in town and 9 on the hwy. Pulling into traffic with the diesel is not like the Hemi but you get used to it pretty quickly

Joforg

Reaction score
Thanks. That's where I get stuck. Not driving as much these days but for some reason money at the pump seems worse than the oil change deg premium. My 2016 averages About 11/100k in town and 9 on the hwy. Pulling into traffic with the diesel is not like the Hemi but you get used to it pretty quickly
"DEF Premium"

BigDon

Reaction score
On a trip to Niagara Falls we got 22.4 mpg from Kentucky thru the hills there and back .. 2020 Ram BigHorn / Southwest package

Users who are viewing this thread