5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Brake Light Options

mattkwoodward

Reaction score
Been looking into an upgrade and noticing that my model RAM (2022 1500 Laramie) doesn't have as many options. Saw a morimoto, recon, even the upgrade option to the LED w/ Cargo Cam...not leaning that way though. Anyone else have any experience with installs or options and reviews?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish?

mattkwoodward

Reaction score
Without the cargo cam extra effort I must admit it’s mostly just aesthetics. I have been looking into blacking out all the badging and trim so adding that element to the high mounted lamp with the improved output was the main goal. The cargo cam was the dream but the one or two models of lights I’ve seen videos on require lots of running wires and going underneath interior panels and trim. Might just kick that can down the road and see if someone manufactures an easy plug and play option for my exact model ram.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put lasfit leds in my cargo lights. Left the oem brake light so no fob interference. Both lasfit bulbs burnt out and I like it better. They were very bright and blinded me more than anything. I may replace them with a blue color if I can find it.

Users who are viewing this thread