5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Brake/Cargo LED Lights w/o Interference

tac63

Reaction score
Ok everyone, I know there are a good bit of posts about this, but i've gone down this path before and been led astray. I purchased the lasfit led (flat design) bulbs last year to swap out my only incandescent lights (cargo and 3rd brake). At the time everyone was saying there was no interference on these bulbs. However that just plain isn't the case at least for me. My fob range was dropped down to maybe 10 feet from my truck and sometimes even less. I ended up swapping back to the factory bulbs to take the truck in for service and found that while the range still isn't great it 100% is improved.

I searched the forum and found 2 bulbs now being talked about a fair bit as not causing interference and am just looking for people to confirm if there truly are any interference issues with either or if there is an LED bulb out there that 100% does not cause interference.

I see the Diode Dynamics XPR bulbs being mentioned as not causing interference though Diode Dynamics cannot confirm. These bulbs are $135 plus shipping. If they truly cause no interference I am willing to go that route, but want to verify before spending a ridiculous amount on 3 bulbs.

I also see the Lasfit "Upgraded" round bulbs supposedly not causing interference issues, which are way cheaper. I have bed lights so I don't really care a ton about extra brightness from the Diode Dynamics bulbs for that, the brake light as long as it is brighter than factory I am ok with also. These bulbs look like they will run around $50 shipped, so if they truly work I would rather save the money.

Asking those that have/had either to please clear up do they truly work without interference?

Thanks

Velocity

Reaction score
I have the diode dynamic bulbs in mine and have never had any trouble. Can’t say for sure if it will be the same for all trucks though, seems pretty hit or miss from the posts I’ve read.

TVANVA

Reaction score
The inexpensive LED replacements I bought off Amazon were giving me fits. I can't count the number of times I felt compelled to utter an expletive and fish my key fob out of my pocket and touch it to the start button (not necessarily in that order).

I blanched at the price of the Diode Dynamics, and it took effort to pull that credit card out of my wallet, but once I swapped to the new lamps, zero problems over a year and a half.

Now........money well spent.

You didn't ask but........the inexpensive LED replacements I put in the bed lights failed after a year.......went to Diode Dynamics on those too. Super bright and zero problems.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the "older" (flat) Lasfit LEDs in the CHSML with no issue. I had one of the white (cargo) lights and the red (3rd brake light) burn out on me recently.

I bought the "upgraded" (round) LEDs (white and red) and have had them in for a month now with no issues at all. I would say that my fob seems to work better after the swap but that's completely subjective and probably my subconscious justifying the money I spent to get another set of LEDs (and from Lasfit again) instead of putting the original bulbs back in.

What year is your truck? I'm not sure what the issue is but there seems to be a noticeable increase in interference issues starting with the 2021 trucks.

tac63

Reaction score
I had the "older" (flat) Lasfit LEDs in the CHSML with no issue. I had one of the white (cargo) lights and the red (3rd brake light) burn out on me recently.

I bought the "upgraded" (round) LEDs (white and red) and have had them in for a month now with no issues at all. I would say that my fob seems to work better after the swap but that's completely subjective and probably my subconscious justifying the money I spent to get another set of LEDs (and from Lasfit again) instead of putting the original bulbs back in.

What year is your truck? I'm not sure what the issue is but there seems to be a noticeable increase in interference issues starting with the 2021 trucks.
Mine is a 2019.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Diode dynamics in the brake and the new lasfit in the cargo lights, zero issues and bright as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/